Infection Control Clinical Nurse Specialist
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Lister Hospital campus in South-West London has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission in 2017, which highlights the exceptional care and highest quality of nursing and clinical care provided by our staff at the hospital.
The campus encompasses one of the most famous landmarks in Chelsea, The Lister Hospital located next to Chelsea Bridge; Chelsea Outpatients Centre, a modern and contemporary private diagnostic and treatment facility on the famous Chelsea Kings Road and our private outpatient physiotherapy service and independent private general practice at Chelsea Medical Centre.
In May 2017, the campus expanded to include a brand new purpose-built outpatient centre HCA Sydney Street, Chelsea.
For medical professionals who value great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy with a real team spirit, The Lister Hospital Campus is the career destination of choice.
As Infection Control Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will lead the provision of a comprehensive infection prevention and control service for the Lister Hospital. Required to provide effective and visible leadership, expert knowledge and ability to support the Consultant Microbiologist and the Director of Infection Prevention and control, your primary focus will be to lead the reduction, prevention and control of health care associated infections, whilst coordinating the strategic approach to minimise risk to both patients and HCA.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage with the Leads and Heads of Departments infection control activities across the campus
- Lead surveillance of HCAI, antimicrobial resistant organisms and other ‘alert’ organisms or conditions, including surgical site infections for TLH
- Responsible for the collation of data for reports on infection prevention and control to be presented to the Infection control Committee, ensuring a full audit programme is in place
- Provide professional advice on all matters relating to infection prevention and control and assist in the development of a Strategy for Infection Prevention and Control within the Lister Empire
- Develop audits and monitoring tools for the monitoring and management of infection prevention and control in all premises and for all staff, ensuring that infection prevention and control is an integral feature of all clinical and non-clinical practices
- Ensure that infection control policies, procedures and guidelines are up-to-date and compliant with the Infection Control Code of Practice
- Play a lead role in the investigation and management of outbreaks of infection
- Provide advice in relation to the care of individuals/groups to managers, staff, patient or carers
- Lead Infection Prevention and Control Training Programme including Link Nurse training and support the Learning Academy
Skills & Experience
- For this role, you will be a registered nurse who has substantial experience within infection control.
- Having gained qualifications within infection control (Diploma/Degree), you will hold an ENB99.
- As a senior member of the nursing team, you will also have experience of providing leadership and adding strategic value.
About The Individual
As an excellent team leader, you will provide direction and development to all staff to enhance customer experience. Having a pleasant and positive attitude, whilst also being decisive and able and willing to take managerial responsibility, will assist you in developing excellent working relationship across all stakeholders; as will having excellent communication skills.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!