Staff Nurse - General Surgery Ward
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse (Band 5 or 6 equivalent) to join our General Surgery ward, located on the 5th floor of our main hospital at The London Clinic in London (W1G 6BW).
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise. Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres. Other premises include, The Duchess of Devonshire Wing (Cancer Centre), The London Clinic Eye Centre and 4 premises providing consulting room suites and diagnostic services.
Our General Surgery Ward comprises 18 patient rooms all with en-suite facilities. We provide pre & post op surgical care and a range of diagnostics & treatments across multiple specialists, including Gynaecological, HepatoPancreatoBilary (HPB) & Thoracic Surgery.
As a Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care, ensuring the highest level of customer service is delivered to our patients.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week.
- Shifts: Nights only inclusive of Weekends (8pm to 8am / 7 on and 7 off)
- Salary: The range for this role is £39,874- £44,674, and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 25 day’s annual leave, season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide individualised patient care of the highest standard.
- Contribute to research and development programmes as well as uphold quality initiatives that improve 'customer care’ and participate in the audit process for monitoring and reviewing nursing Quality.
- Encourage good working relationships within the multidisciplinary team, & deputising for Sister / Charge Nurse in their absence.
- Ensure legibility and accuracy of nursing records & promote safe practice and professional conduct.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Experience of working in an acute surgical ward environment.
- Demonstrate high standards of Clinical Practice, with strong communication & organisational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering, which summarise our belief in integrity, compassion and high quality service.
Apply for Staff Nurse - General Surgery Ward
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly