Sister/Charge Nurse | Pre-Admission Unit
1 day left
- Job Type
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sister/Charge Nurse (F Grade) to join our Pre-admission unit, located at The London Clinic’s Outpatient facility in Central London (W1G 6HL).
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise.
Reporting into the Lead Nurse, you will assist the existing team to ensure that the Pre admission unit is efficiently and effectively managed at all times.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week.
- Shifts: Services runs from 8am to 8pm; Monday to Saturday (Shift Rotation - Earlies & Lates).
- Salary: The salary range for this role is £35,545 - £41,132 (inclusive), and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 25 day’s annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays per year, season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for an effective pre-operative assessment and screening of patients undergoing a variety of elective surgical and interventional procedures.
- Provide professional leadership to junior nursing staff, Health Care Assistants and students within the department to promote effective communication and learning.
- Responsible for the delivery of evidence based care, and working closely with the Lead Nurse to in developing protocols and guidelines.
- Deputise for the Nurse in Charge as and when required in the Pre admission clinics and will attend meetings in their absence.
- Manage and maintain effective communication with Consultants, Ancillary professionals, nursing colleagues and clerical staff, and provide advice to other multi-disciplinary teams.
- Promote research based practice and clinic audit and evaluate change in practice and service delivery to ensure quality outcomes for all patients.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Experience at a Sister/Charge Nurse level, working in a Pre admission department.
- Degree educated with proven leadership skills
- Proficient in Phlebotomy and performing ECG’s.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with a collaborative approach.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering, which summarise our belief in integrity, compassion and high quality service.
Apply for Sister/Charge Nurse | Pre-Admission Unit
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly