Surgical Services Manager
- Job Type
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
London Bridge Hospital delivers outstanding services across all surgical specialties. We are proud of our ability to deliver the most complex and ground breaking procedures, supported by our highly skilled surgeons drawn mainly from the London teaching hospitals. The building of our new Hybrid theatre in 2019 helps define our focus on providing a theatre environment at the forefront of surgical developments.
The surgical Services Manager will be responsible for developing the surgical business within London Bridge Campus and leading the surgical services team through a transformational change program, ensuring our clinical teams and support services also deliver for our Consultants and keep London Bridge Campus as the leading private hospital in London.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with key business partners, consultants and business development team to ensure innovation and cutting edge development of the service, whilst meeting the strategic goals of the business.
- Ensure all business KPI’s are met including ‘on-time starts’ and theatre utilisation. Drive our Patient Journey and Consultant Experience improvement plan across the departments.
- Lead and motivate the Surgical Services Team across the campus ensuring a high standard of nursing care at all times and empowering teams to deliver excellence.
- Lead the clinical and operational management of all operating theatre and Cath lab services across the Hospital
- Utilise workforce planning methodologies to deliver services within budget, whilst maintaining quality and meeting the needs and expectations of service users
- Ensure regulatory compliance and strive to deliver Outstanding CQC rating
- Work with finance team to ensure equipment inventory, maintenance and renewal plan is robust as well as robust management of Department budgets
- Providing Outstanding clinical leadership and direction to all staff in relevant areas
- Managing in conjunction with senior team the Theatre, CSSD, hybrid and Angio suite staff
- Implementing best practice clinical standards and monitoring their effectiveness
- Leading on defined clinical audit initiatives
- Working with the Service Line Business Manager, CNO and Management team in order to ensure that manpower planning methodologies are understood and utilised
- Delivering clinical services cost effectively and safely whilst also meeting business objectives and clinical imperatives
- Promoting and leading on the use of information technology to enhance both patient care and business development
- Participating and facilitating projects as requested by the Chief Executive Officer, Deputy Chief Executive Officer and/or Service Line Business Manager
- Participating in the planning, assessment and evaluation of resource needs
- Ensuring that effective risk management processes are in place in order to ensure a safe environment for patients, visitors, and colleagues
Skills & Experience
- RN/ODP (Dip) qualified Practitioner or other recognised qualification
- NMC/HCPC Registered or other appropriate trade body
- Evidence of ongoing professional development, at a minimum educated to degree level or equivalent
- Leadership experience with multi-site facilities and 70+ headcount.
- Mentoring and Assessment Course or equivalent is desirable
- Broad Surgical/Scrub experience is desirable
- Ability to think and plan strategically
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflict
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft outlook, word , power point and excel
About The Individual