Staff Nurse | Gastroenterology & Colorectal Surgery
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Band 5 or 6 Staff Nurse (Night shift only) to join our Digestive Diseases Unit, located on the 1st floor of our main hospital at The London Clinic in London (W1G 6BW).
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise. Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres. Other premises include, The Duchess of Devonshire Wing (Cancer Centre), The London Clinic Eye Centre and 4 premises providing consulting room suites and diagnostic services.
Our Digestive Diseases Unit comprises 16 patient rooms all with en-suite facilities. We provide medical and mainly surgical care to patients across a range of specialties, including Colorectal, Gastroenterology, Upper GI and Stoma Care.
As a Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care, ensuring the highest level of customer service is delivered to our patients.
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent position
- Hours/Shift: 37.5 hours per week / Nights & weekends (8pm to 8am)
- Salary: £36,888- £42,963 (inclusive of London weighting & shift allowance).
- Benefits: Private Medical Healthcare, Pension Scheme (total contribution up to 17%), 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Life Assurance, discounted gym membership and a season ticket travel loan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain accountability for assessing, planning, implementing & evaluating programmes of care for patients.
- Competent in the management of post-operative patients following Colorectal / Gastro-intestinal surgery, as well as patients undergoing Parental and Enteral feeding, patients with stomas & Epidural pain and PCA management.
- Maintain an awareness of evidence based practice & contribute to research & development programmes within the unit.
- Contribute to the setting & monitoring of measurable standards of care and uphold quality initiatives that improve ‘customer care’ & enhance the interface between staff, patients and visitors.
- Ensure legibility and accuracy of nursing records & promote safe practice and professional conduct.
- Encourage good working relationships within the multidisciplinary team, & deputising for Sister / Charge Nurse in their absence.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Experience working in an acute surgical ward environment.
- Gastrointestinal and/or Colorectal Surgery experience would be desirable, with knowledge of gastroenterology conditions & interventions.
- Competent IV giver with experience with Venepuncture/Cannulation, ECG recordings & Epidural
- Highly motivated individual who possesses strong communication & organisational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The London Clinic has an excellent Clinical Training and Practice Development department, and strongly supports continuing professional development and education.
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.