Clinical Nurse Specialist | Breast Care
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Breast Care Clinical Nurse Specialist (Band 7 equivalent) to join our state of the art facility; the Duchess of Devonshire Wing (Cancer Centre), based in Central London, W1G 6JA.
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, and we have been providing exceptional care since 1932. We have 8 premises, where we perform highly complex procedures as well as routine surgery & medicine.
Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, and The Duchess of Devonshire Wing is our award-winning cancer centre, which includes state-of-the-art radiotherapy, chemotherapy suites and 47 dedicated patient bedrooms for Oncology & Haematology patients.
The Breast CNS will work in a clinical and service development capacity to ensure the service to breast patients is planned, delivered and evaluated in line with current evidence
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent position
- Hours: 37.5 per week (7.5 hours daily shift pattern)
- Salary: £38,101 - £47,486 (inclusive)
- Benefits: Private Medical Healthcare, Pension Scheme (total contribution up to 17%), 25 days annual leave, Life Assurance, and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a clinical expert in the field of breast disease & have the skills necessary to lead in practice development and innovation, with specific regard to the development of autonomous nursing practice & nurse led services.
- Independently manage own caseload of patients & demonstrate sound knowledge in the principles of breast disease, predominately cancer, ensuring optimal standards of patient care.
- Work closely with the multi-disciplinary team to help create and maintain a robust service whilst seamlessly incorporating other centre services such as diagnostic, chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- Undertake a key role in enabling the Clinic to meet both its strategic and national targets, promoting evidence based practice, quality assurance and clinical audit where appropriate.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of in house education & training programmes, as well as sharing skills & knowledge through teaching sessions.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with significant clinical experience in breast care.
- Educated to degree level, with post registration certificate in cancer/breast related speciality.
- Experience in symptom management, counselling and Oncology/Surgical nursing.
- Highly motivated individual who possesses dynamic critical thinking skills, and is committed to quality issues, audit and research.
- Excellent communication, organisational and problem solving skills.
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
Apply for Clinical Nurse Specialist | Breast Care
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly