Imaging & Outpatients Lead Nurse
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private hospital group; providing award winning acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
Reporting to the Outpatient and Diagnostic Imaging Manager, The post holder will be accountable for clinical practice, the delivery of quality clinical care and a customer focused driven service within the Nursing team. The post holder will support the Outpatient and Diagnostic Imaging Manager to ensure that the highest levels of governance processes, protocol/policies and financial/work force planning requirements are in place enabling the delivery of the business agenda. The Outpatient and Diagnostic Imaging Lead Nurse Manager will be a highly visible member of the senior management team and will have responsibility for managing a team of Nurses, Healthcare Assistant’s and Radiology Department Assistants.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours on a rotational shift pattern (Days, Weekends and On-call)
Competitive & Attractive salary
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide a professional standard of excellence in Nursing and Imaging specific nursing services for all patients.
- To be responsible for the development and maintenance of a frame work documentation in the following areas:
- Protocols and policies
- Induction and competency manuals
- Governance compliance
- Standard Operating Procedures across outpatients and Imaging.
- Ensure all staff have a personal development plan following individual appraisal. This will be done by undertaking appraisals with directly line managed staff. Match personal development plans to the needs of the service and ensure that the service has the necessary staff in place with the right skills.
- To address individuals not performing to the expected standards, in accordance with the HCA policy on performance management.
- In recognising the developments and change within imaging techniques and imaging guided therapies, ensure that policies and procedures are reviewed regularly. Communicating any changes of policy/protocol to the governance lead.
- To remain updated with all mandatory requirements as indicated by the organisation
Skills & Experience
- NMC registered.
- Advanced Radiology skills (evidenced by competency/CPD and service development) within Radiology/Imaging
- To have written business cases in order to support the procurement of new equipment.
- To have been involved in the selection of new diagnostic Imaging equipment.
- Post Graduate qualification.
- Understanding of IR(ME)R, including the role of the operator, practitioner, referrer, employer and medical physics.
- Proven Leader with ‘can do’.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.