Clinical Information System and Audit Nurse
Clinical Information System and Clinical Audit Nurse
Bupa Cromwell Hospital London, Kensington
Up to £50,000, Depending on experience
Full Time, 37.5 hours
A bit about us
Bupa is one of the most well-known and respected healthcare businesses in the world, because what we do matters. From our contact centres to our care homes; health and dental centres to our state of the art hospitals across all four corners of the globe, every part of our operations are dedicated to our purpose of helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. We pride ourselves on working with brilliant people who put our customers at the heart of everything they do.
About the area you’ll be working in
We’re an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we’re committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We’re one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
What you'll be doing
This is a new and exciting position within our Critical Care Department you’ll be responsible for the configuration, implementation and maintenance of the chosen Clinical information System (CIS) and embedding this within the service. You will also be responsible for the clinical audits and data within the department, using this to support and drive quality improvement in critical care and outreach.
What’s a typical day?
- Developing a training programme for the new CIS before go live and offering ongoing support for users and new starters.
- Utilising feedback to refine the CIS and ensuring it is fit for purpose
- Communicating and coordinating work streams between all stakeholders involved in the CIS project, including clinicians, nursing , all members of the MDT and the IT department.
- Collect ICNARC data for critical care unit and outreach and ensure all data are protected, secure and shared as per hospital's information safety policy.
- Generate and present monthly audit reports to a body of nursing and medical team
- Providing training on high quality data collection and recording.
- Facilitate monthly data quality control meetings with the lead clinician and facilitate monthly audit meetings for the critical care.
- Support clinical research activities by providing relevant data.
- You will also be expected to maintain clinical practice as part of your role.
Who we’re looking for?
- Registered Adult Nurse with valid NMC Registration
- Extensive and current experience within Critical Care / AICU
- Previous senior/leadership experience
- Previous CIS experience is essential
- Previous experience using the ICNARC system would be an advantage
- High level of computer literacy is essential
- Mentorship qualification
- Proven ability to administer oral and IV medication
- Interest to develop knowledge of the clinical speciality and own practice
- Good verbal and written communication skills paying attention to accuracy and detail
- Want to do things better, to improve to be more effective and efficient
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
- Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CDP
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Practical support with the revalidation process
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Work life balance
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
- You’re paid for all Bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Annual pay review
- Discounts on Bupa products
- Free annual health assessment
- Free annual flu vaccine and eye test
- Bupa rewards to High street Retailer discounts
- Bupa Boost app
- Within our Oncology department, all Clinical staff trained in the Gold standard framework
- Discounted gym membership
- Free massage carried out by our in-house therapy team
- Dry cleaning discounts
- Paid career breaks
What’s it like to work here?
As you’ll already know, we want people to ‘love working here’, so much so that’s it’s at the top of our agenda and something you’ll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what’s most important to you. We’re a healthcare company so there’s a huge focus on our people’s health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
We’re an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.