Senior Staff Nurse | Oncology & Haematology Outpatients
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Band 5/6 Registered Nurse to join our Oncology & Haematology Outpatients Unit located at The London Clinic's Cancer Centre in Central London (close to Baker St & Regents Park tube stations)
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, and we have been providing exceptional care since 1932. We have 8 premises, where we perform highly complex procedures as well as routine surgery & medicine.
As a Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care, ensuring the highest level of customer service is delivered to our patients.
- Job Type: Full-time, permanent position.
- Service: Unit open from 8:30am to 6pm; Monday to Friday.
- Hours/Shifts: 37.5 hours per week (Shifts – 7.5 hour or 9 hour days).
- Salary: £32,913 - £36,866 plus comprehensive benefits package.
- Benefits: Private Medical Healthcare, Pension Scheme, 25 days annual leave, Life Assurance, and excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the delivery of high standards of care and service to the patients, & to work within a team to provide assessment and evaluation of care.
- Administer chemotherapy and other anti-cancer treatments.
- Use evidence based practice, quality assurance and clinical audit in all aspects of nursing care.
- Act as a role model, with a willingness to be a mentor to student nurses and health care assistants.
- Encourage good working relationships within the multidisciplinary team, & deputising for Sister / Charge Nurses in their absence.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Post registration experience in oncology or in acute medicine.
- Experience in the administration of cytotoxic drugs and relevant qualification.
- Knowledge of oncological conditions, diseases, cytotoxic drugs & therapies, with experience of peripheral/central venous access devices, cannulation & phlebotomy.
- Highly motivated individual who possesses strong communication & organisational skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres, and The Duchess of Devonshire Wing is our award-winning cancer centre, which includes state-of-the-art radiotherapy, chemotherapy suites and 47 dedicated patient bedrooms for Oncology & Haematology patients.
Our Oncology & Haematology Outpatient department comprises of 5 bays and 22 individual areas for outpatient treatment. It also has two fully enclosed private rooms for outpatients who require extra privacy during their treatment. Patients come in as day patients for stem cell donation, apheresis and outpatient chemotherapy. The area is also used for intensive antibiotic treatment as well as to support patients whose blood counts show that they need a blood transfusion or an alternative blood product.
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
Apply for Senior Staff Nurse | Oncology & Haematology Outpatients
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly