Clinical Nurse Manager -Surgical Ward
HCA Healthcare UK – the world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016.
London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard, the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site, and a further five outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
In May 2017 we welcomed the newest addition to our campus into the top four floors of the new Cancer Centre at Guy’s. With £38.2 million investment and 60,000 square feet, this purpose built facility allows London Bridge Hospital to house its cancer services under one roof. Consultants from London’s top teaching hospitals will offer full surgical provision in urology, gynaecology and breast, as well as reconstructive surgery for these specialties. The new site encompasses inpatient and day case beds and operating theatres including the first integrated robotics theatre in the UK, housing a Da Vinci Robot. There is also a chemotherapy unit, outpatient consulting, Level 3 Critical Care and Imaging including X-Ray, MRI and Ultrasound.
London Bridge Hospital achieved an ‘Outstanding’ accreditation by the healthcare regulators Care Quality Commission in 2017, with them remarking that they saw innovative practice throughout the hospital including new research taking place, and Consultants and staff were highly praised around their levels of motivation and commitment in the provision of providing high quality patient centred care.
This post will be responsible for the Surgical ward at our Cancer Centre at Guys.
As Clinical Nurse Manager, your fundamental role will be to ensure that an excellent patient experience is maintained as well as providing clinical and professional leadership to the ward team to include support and mentorship of junior staff, acting as a clinical expert and role model.
You will be responsible for ensuring the highest quality of practice and care through effective monitoring of own and others clinical competence.within the clinical area and for delivering a quality service to all stakeholders. You will identify areas for development and implementing and evaluating change using current research, audit and experience
- Be a highly visible leader and role model to the nurses within the team.
- Ensure the patient environment is of a high standard, including levels of cleanliness, to maintain safety at all times.
- Implement and ensure that staff comply with all corporate, hospital and departmental policies, ensuring that staff comply with the clinical governance process.
- Have responsibility for managing the department within an agreed annual budget including working hours and units of service, maximizing revenue recapture and cost control.
- Help investigate any incidents or complaints thoroughly, enabling the CEO/CNO to respond within the agreed timeframe.
- Performance manage all staff ensuring annual appraisals and quarterly reviews are carried out on time
- Act as site manager on days and/or evenings if required.
- Demonstrate excellent clinical practice at all times and to be professionally accountable for own practice as evidenced by the clinical competency framework and in accordance with NMC and HCA guidelines.
- Lead all nurses in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care.
- First level registration at Diploma or Degree level
- Prior nursing experience of which will have been at an equivalent grade in General Surgery, Urology, Gynaecology and/or Maxillofacial surgery.
- Post basic qualification in clinical specialty relevant to practice area is desirable but not essential.