Staff Nurse - Paediatric Day Case
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services provider 2016’
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
As a Paediatric Staff Nurse working within the Day case unit, you will be responsible and accountable for the assessment of required care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of holistic care for children on our post-surgical and medical ward. You will be working to promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research, evidence based practice and the developmental of additional clinical skills in the speciality.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week - flexible shifts on internal rotation, including days and occasional weekends.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £31,630 - £35,822 + 4% shift enhancement and flexible benefits.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, assess, implement and evaluate programmes of care for individual children and to supervise junior staff in this activity.
- Ensure an ongoing welcoming, caring and safe environment is provided for the children and their families.
- Communicate complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events.
- Develop and maintain clinical skills and knowledge necessary to provide holistic, evidence based nursing care.
- Ensure clinical practice is evidence based or peer reviewed “best practice”.
- Assist with ongoing education and training of families.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Child Registered Nurse with basic paediatric life support.
- Understanding of Safeguarding issues and clinical governance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team and independently.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.