Staff Nurse – Radiology/Imaging
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest private hospitals, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse (Band 5) to join our Radiology department at The London Clinic. This role will be based at our main hospital in 20 Devonshire Place, London (W1G 6BW).
The London Clinic was established in 1932 and is situated in the heart of London’s medical community, we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise. We have a number of premises, including our main hospital which spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds, 10 theatres andd a 13-bed Intensive Care Unit. Other sites include; The Duchess of Devonshire Wing, which has state-of-the-art radiotherapy, chemotherapy suites and 47 dedicated patient bedrooms as well as The London Eye Centre.
The London Clinic has a state-of-the-art imaging department providing diagnostic services which range from General radiology through to complex Interventional procedures.
Nursing support is an integral part of the radiology department, and a Staff Nurse, you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care, which involves pre, peri and post care of patients undergoing radiology procedures.
This is a full-time, permanent role working 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday), plus on-call (average 1 in every 4 weeks).
7.5 hours p/day – with various start times 8am, 9am 10am, 10:30 and 11:30am.
£30,469 - £36,866 (inclusive of London weighting & cost of living allowance).
Private Medical Healthcare, Pension Scheme (total annual contribution up to 17%), 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Life Assurance, discounted gym membership and a season ticket loan for your travel.
The London Clinic has an excellent Clinical Training and Practice Development department and strongly supports continuing professional development and education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing high quality patient focused care, whilst assisting the consultant radiologists undertaking interventional procedures, such as drainages and biopsies under CT, fluoroscopy or ultrasound guidance for both outpatients and inpatient.
- Scrubbing or circulating in the dedicated angiograpgy suite and interventional fluoroscopy rooms during invasive cases such as peripheral angioplasty, IVC filter insertion, insertion of nephrostomies / urethral stents and embolization particularly uterine artery embolisations, CT guided radio frequency ablation.
- Administering IV sedation and the monitoring of patients during procedures.
- In CT, you will be involved in the care of patients undergoing many different procedures including Radiofrequency Ablations (RFAs), Microwave Ablation and Cryoablation under general anaesthetic.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with valid NMC pin.
- Experienced nursing post-surgical patients in an acute medical/ surgical setting.
- Experience working in interventional radiology with scrubbing and circulating skills is advantageous.
- Previous experience in managing and treating anaesthetised and sedated patients is also desirable.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills with the ability to monitor patients and work autonomously in challenging environments.
- Highly self-motivated, articulate, diplomatic and enthusiastic who can work within a team and independently.
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.