HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Lister Hospital campus in South-West London has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission in 2017, which highlights the exceptional care and highest quality of nursing and clinical care provided by our staff at the hospital.
The campus encompasses one of the most famous landmarks in Chelsea, The Lister Hospital located next to Chelsea Bridge; Chelsea Outpatients Centre, a modern and contemporary private diagnostic and treatment facility on the famous Chelsea Kings Road and our private outpatient physiotherapy service and independent private general practice at Chelsea Medical Centre.
In May 2017, the campus expanded to include a brand new purpose-built outpatient centre HCA Sydney Street, Chelsea.
The Lister Fertility Clinic, based at the main hospital site, is widely recognised as one of the leading fertility centres in the UK. Since opening in 1988, it has consistently maintained its reputation as being one of the most successful IVF clinics in the country.
As a Embryologist you will be responsible for performing all aspects of the routine embryology service offered by the Fertility Unit, talking patients through the process and ensuring that they receive the best service possible. You will also process routine laboratory administration, ensuring the correct policies and procedures are followed and ensure the upkeep of the laboratory is maintained.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role increases upon skills and experience.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation and attendance in theatre for egg collections, embryo transfers, intrauterine inseminations and for identification and grading of eggs.
- Prepare sperm from fresh or frozen semen for all IVF and ICSI treatments and intrauterine inseminations - freeze semen samples when required.
- Assist the Clinical Molecular Biologist with the PGAS programme.
- Perform embryo biopsies, intracytoplasmic sperm injection and freeze semen samples when required.
- Adhere to strict quality control procedures in the laboratory, including regular monitoring of equipment and the environment and maintenance of a high standard of cleanliness.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records or all gametes and embryos in accordance with HFEA code of practice and local protocols.
- Maintenance of laboratory stock, including plastics, culture media, supplements, chemicals, gases and liquid nitrogen.
- Participate in the multi-disciplinary aspects of the team’s work including taking telephone calls and enquiries.
Skills & Experience
- For this role you will hold a BSc in Life Science and be ACE certificated with experience of clinical ICSI.
- To be considered at a senior level, you will need substantial experience of embryology.
- 1 year clinical practice of embryo biopsy essential.
- Although UK experience is desirable we can consider overseas applicants for this role.
About The Individual
As the successful candidate you will be personable and professional, with a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience, finding it easy to build rapport with people from different cultural backgrounds. You will also be able to work effectively under pressure, able to organise and multi-task and also work well within a team.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!