Chief Operating Officer
HCA Healthcare UK has developed a dedicated private centre in partnership with The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in Manchester. The Christie Private Care treats private patients with a full range of diagnostic, inpatient, surgical, day care and outpatient treatment all on one site.
The Christie is an impressive and well-respected NHS Trust which is a European cancer centre providing advanced cancer care and housing the world's largest early clinical trials unit. The Christie Private Care builds on these services and provides state-of-the-art private patient facilities which include; 28 bedded inpatient Oncology wards, 6 bed Haematology and Transplant unit, Day Case Chemotherapy Unit, Outpatient Department, Specialised Radiotherapy Unit & Psychology services.
Hours: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Salary competitive with attractive benefits
The COO will provide support to the Regional Manager, Senior Management Team and Cheif Executive Officer across the defined range of duties, including setting and achieving of targets. You will lead a significant group of individuals across different functions and professions whilst being responsible for the development and management of all hospital services.
It is expected that you will actively participate as an SMT member, becoming involved in strategy and wider business development issues, seeking opportunities that will maximize the potential of the hospital.
This post has been designed to give strategic and operational responsibilities in non-clinical areas; representing the RM or CEO on operational project leadership.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide input as a member of the Senior Management Team comprising CEO, RM, CNO, CFO COO, CHRO.
- Identifying new opportunities for business growth, including new technology developments and consultant initiatives.
- Contribution to the overall success and profitability of the hospital through revenue development and effective cost management, including routine margin management within designated departments.
- Management of a wide range of functions as per the attached Organisation Chart.
- Display and practice excellent people management skills across a diverse range of functions and professions.
- Ensure excellence in customer service is achieved within business areas.
- Drive forward new objectives and programmes of rationalism to ensure effective operation, management and control of defined areas of responsibility.
- Display an acute awareness of Health & Safety across all hospital departments and functions ensuring compliance with legislation and Codes of Practice.
- Develop excellent relations with the consultant medical staff, supporting their practice with sound management advice and direction.
- Development and management of the outpatient services and satellite sites.
- Drive marketing and business development strategy of the hospital.
- Be prepared to visit the hospital out of hours including weekends
- Any other ad hoc duties as agreed with RM/CEO.
Skills & Experiences
- Educated to DMS, Degree level or equivalent is essential
- MBA or similar is desirable
- Clinical professional qualification is advantageous.
- Significant operational management experience within healthcare (essential)
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Experience of budget management
- A sound understanding of Health & Safety and statutory undertakings as related to Healthcare
- Project management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing
About the Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.