Specialist Clinical Pharmacist
7 days left
- Job Type
The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and a recent CQC “Outstanding” rating , it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching hospitals.
The successful applicant will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits. On top of this the successful candidate will work within an established organization based in one of London’s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
The post holder will support the Lead Oncology Pharmacist in the delivery and provision of high quality clinical pharmacy services across the Harley Street Clinic which includes: the oncology day unit, paediatric oncology/haematology, clinical trials and aseptic services.
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week.
Competitive & Attractive salary
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the provision and development of clinical pharmacy services under the direction of the Lead oncology pharmacist /Pharmacy Manager.
- To promote evidence-based, and safe prescribing throughout the hospital through the development and implementation of local guidelines.
- To be a member of the multidisciplinary team and participate in daily ward rounds
- To assist the pharmacy team with clinical cover ( if appropriate)
- To carry out drug usage reviews within the HSC and to monitor and report on the outcomes of such audits.
- To assist with SOP/Guideline writing.
- To undertake education and training session to nurses and the medical teams.
- To assist with oncology protocol building and validation.
- To assist with set up and provision of oncology clinical trials.
- To contribute to relevant practice research, audit or clinical investigations within the HSC.
- To ensure that hospital policies relating to medicines use are actively promoted/implemented at ward level and to actively promote safe medicines use at ward level.
- To join any relevant national oncology and clinical groups.
- To participate in the general clinical pharmacy service as required.
- To assist the lead pharmacists to initiate or contribute to relevant local medicine management and GMP audits.
- To assist with dispensary cover in our main pharmacy and outpatient pharmacy services ( if required).
- To participate in the oncology on call service provision as required.
Skills and Experience
- Good grounding and experience of hospital pharmacy.
- Experience in oncology pharmacy or aseptic services
- Experience across a wide range of clinical pharmacy practice.
- Master’s Degree in Pharmacy or equivalent
- Registered member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain (MRPharmS)
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Commit to undertake postgraduate qualification at diploma level if not already in possession of.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.