Paediatric Lead Clinical Nurse Specialist
7 days left
- Job Type
The Wellington is a leading private hospital in St Johns Wood, London with an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare. The hospital has gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas and offers a premium service in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, oncology, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation and critical care.
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Paediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist to lead the Paediatric service across all of the sites of The Wellington Hospital. You will be responsible for identifying areas of our service for development; then implementing and evaluating change using current research, audit and experience. You will report to a Modern Matron and have a dotted line of report to Deputy Chief Nurse.
Duties & Responsibilities
As the Paediatric Clinical Nurse Specialist/Service Lead, you will work as a core member of the multi-disciplinary team using your clinical expertise to co-ordinate high quality care and treatment of patients.
You are responsible and accountable for own practice within the clinical area and for delivering a quality service to all stakeholders.
- This is a permanent, full time (37.5 hours per week) role, Monday to Friday.
- The salary range is £45,000 - £50,331 per annum plus a comprehensive benefits package on top including, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover and a range of flexible benefits.
The candidate will be responsible the service management of the Paediatric Services across all of the outpatient sites. Varied experience in paediatric nursing is essential as some of the specialities covered at the sites are Orthopaedics, ENT, Dermatology, Rheumatology, Gastro and Plastics to name a few. The appointed candidate will be required to undertake the following tasks (to name a few) which will be a large part of the role.
- Writing and reviewing policies
- Risk Register review and implementation of action plans/follow up
- Ensuring that paediatric nursing practice is in line with National Standards
- Monthly Reports to the Quality board and Nursing council
- Datix, Investigation Reporting, gap analysis and sharing of lessons learnt
- Staff recruitment, appraisals, performance management
- Safeguarding lead for paediatrics and young adults – supporting the Wellington Safeguarding lead for adults and children
- Networking with consultants and GP’s
Skills & Experience
- Experienced Paediatric registered nurse.
- Teaching and Assessing and/or Mentorship qualification.
- Masters or working towards.
- Experience of research and audit.
- Excellent organisational and management skills with the ability to flexibly respond to the needs of the service and the hospital.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including communication, positive attitude and sensitivity.
- Commitment to Continual Professional Development and Clinical Governance and Quality initiatives.
- IT skills essential
About The Individual