Senior 1 Physiotherapist
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
The post holder will work as part of an inter-disciplinary team working with a caseload of complex patients with neurological impairments to provide intensive rehabilitation and comprehensive disability management. The post holder will also be responsible for assisting with the day to day ward management, service development, audit and supervision of staff.
- To carry out accurate physiotherapy assessment, clinical diagnosis and treatment of patients with diverse clinical presentations and complex needs in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team. This will be on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
- To oversee the respiratory care across inpatient paediatrics and ensure a high standard of care is maintained.
- To provide clinical supervision and facilitate the learning and development of staff members and therapy assistants
- To be responsible for the daily routine on allocated wards in conjunction with interdisciplinary team members and ensure physiotherapy responsibilities are met.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week with an attractive and competitive salary increasing dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward and recognition:
We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
To formulate and implement individual physiotherapy treatment programs based on comprehensive knowledge of evidence based practice and treatment options using clinical assessment, appropriate and accurate clinical reasoning, and knowledge of appropriate treatment techniques.
- To provide physiotherapy intervention where there may be barriers to understanding such as foreign language or due to speech/hearing/visual impairment, cognitive/perceptual difficulties
- To assess patient understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid informed consent and have the capacity to work within a legal framework with patients who lack capacity to consent to treatment
- To utilize handling techniques which require skill, precision and sensory coordination to provide accurate and effective treatment and feedback
- To evaluate patient progress, reassess and progress or alter patient treatment programs within the specified timeframes compliant with care pathways.
- To develop and implement comprehensive discharge plans in conjunction with other multidisciplinary team members and the discharge coordinator
- To work closely with the multidisciplinary team to ensure that patient centered goals are set and that the outcome of intervention is monitored.
Skills & Experience
- Physiotherapy Degree qualification or equivalent
- HCPC registration
- CSP membership
- APCP membership desirable
- Evidence of postgraduate education in the field of neurology
- Substantial experience working in a neurological rehabilitation environment and have excellent clinical reasoning skills in this field
- Post registration specific experience working in the field of neurology including rehabilitation
- Experience of working in both the NHS and private settings would be advantageous
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.