Senior Nuclear Medicine Technologist
2 days left
- Job Type
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
To provide a safe, efficient and reliable high quality service to all patients and referring clinicians accessing the services of Hybrid Imaging and Therapy Unit. Responsible for ensuring equipment is maintained and serviceable.
With commissioning of Symbia Intevo SPECT-CT and a fast growing PET-CT service, we are looking to employ enthusiastic and motivated Senior Nuclear Medicine Technologists to join the existing well knit team dynamic colleagues.
You will have a proactive, flexible, can-do attitude and will be given the opportunity to help develop and shape our business as we grow. Training in local protocols and methods will be provided and you will be joining a team of dedicated professionals working in a liberated independent sector environment with plenty of camaraderie and team spirit. Hybrid Imaging / Nuclear Medicine work from the Wellington Hospital has been show-cased at several national conferences and we encourage participation in departmental research and offer opportunities for internal and external CPD.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week with an attractive and competitive salary increasing with skills and experience.
Reward and recognition:
We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The post holder will maintain the highest standards of patient care and imaging and will co-operate with medical, nursing, administrative and other staff in running the clinical service.
- To liaise with co-workers to facilitate the smooth operational flow of patient studies from initial receipt of request to final dispatch of patient report and films.
- Maintain Professional standards by undertaking any necessary education to remain up to date with current accepted methods and procedure.
- Advise patients on after-scan care
- The post holder will ensure that adequate clinical and administrative records are maintained and that activity and quality is monitored and audited.
Skills & Experience
- Post qualification experience in Nuclear Medicine is essential with experience spent in hybrid imaging (PET-CT / SPECT-CT)
- Nuclear Medicine Degree, BSC Radiography or other relevant Science Degree with a Post Graduate qualification in Nuclear Medicine or (BSc, Applied Science in Nuclear medicine imaging) or equivalent.
- Registration with IPEM (RCT) or HPC and professional accreditation
- Proven ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.