Senior 1 Physiotherapist - Critical Care/ITU
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services for adults, children and babies, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neuroscience. From open heart surgery on new-born babies to pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating awarded by the CQC.
We have separate paediatric and adult intensive care units (ICUs), and our paediatric ICU is the largest private facility in Europe, with 18 beds. This allows us to support cardiology, cardiac, thoracic, cancer, spinal and other major treatments for children. We have 103 beds in total, including nine adult ICU beds offering the highest level of one-to-one care.
Your role will involve leading on the development of services within the service line across The Harley Street Clinic and to work closely with other therapy colleagues in the management of all patients to ensure a seamless and high quality patient pathway.
Duties & Responsibilities
Provide thorough assessment and treatment of patient conditions and to seek second opinion in circumstances when diagnosis may be unclear.
- Provide highly specialised physiotherapy treatment using evidence based practice where possible.
- To practice in accordance with the CSP standards, comply with evidence based medicine and actively seek to update personal professional development.
- Maintain open channels of communication with the Inpatient Clinical Lead Physiotherapist, Head of Service, and other members of the therapies team.
- Plan and implement treatment using a patient centred, goal orientated approach.
Skills & Experience
- Physiotherapy degree qualification
- Post registration broad clinical experience
- HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) registration
- Member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapists or equivalent is desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.