HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
This advert will close on 11 January 2019
As a Lead Clinical Physiologist for Echocardiography, you will provide specialist clinical knowledge and skills in Echocardiography and deliver expert care for patients undergoing diagnosis and treatment in the Cardiology Department.
Full Time hours (37.5 hours per week) with a competitive salary.
Reward and recognition:
We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently run transthoracic echocardiogram clinics
- Run the department quality assessment program
- Work closely with the Medical Lead of Echocardiography and other Consultants.
- Manage & organise the echocardiogram leave calendar and arrange cover when necessary
- Perform a wide range of non-invasive procedures including one or all of the following fields; Stress testing, tilt testing, respiratory function testing , BP and HR ambulatory monitoring
- Analyse and interpret real time results and communicate findings to relevant team members and cardiologist
- Monitor and respond to changes in the patients’ clinical status
- Provide expert and specialist advice to patients, colleagues and clinicians
- Act autonomously to deliver appropriate and individualised patient care at all times
- Provide technical cover to all areas of the Clinical Physiology service (including being a part of the Echocardiogram on-call rota)
- Support the Department Manager with the day to day running of the department
Skills & Experience
- BSE accreditation (or equivalent) is essential
- Member of RCCP desirable
- Substantial post qualification experience of working within a cardiology unit
- Experience in all forms of echocardiography (e.g. trans-oesophageal) is desirable
- In possession of or working towards attaining Intermediate Life Support status
- Confident communicator with high levels of written and spoken English
- Working knowledge of IT systems, such as Microsoft Office and Excel
- Previous experience of working within a private hospital is desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.