Staff Nurse AAU
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and we offer a premium service in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care and acute neurological rehabilitation.
We are offer an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our Acute Admissions Unit (AAU), located in The Wellington South building in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 9LE), with 8 single bays and state-the-art equipment.
Our Acute Admissions service is an instant, clinical referral system for patients who require an urgent, general medical or surgical consultant review. The unit is equipped for handling emergency situations as well as level 3 ITU patients and when time is of the essence our acute admissions team provide treatment for patients needing acute medical and surgical conditions.
As part of a multidisciplinary team the Staff Nurse will assess, plan, implement and evaluate high standards of nursing care.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £31,972-£35,169 plus shift enhancements and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge and have access to a mentorship training programme
Closing date: 10/01/2019
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with a Medical and Surgical caseloads, you will be responsible for managing the referral service, ensuring that patients coming into the unit are assessed, treated, referred and discharged according to the case.
- Work well within a team, deputising for Senior Staff Nurses in their absence, always ensuring that patient care is at a consistently high level.
- Participate in consultant ward rounds and communicate effectively at all levels within the multi-disciplinary team.
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care.
- Documentation of all aspects of patient care and report incidents and complaints, participating in thorough investigation and response.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with NMC pin.
- Experience within a similar unit or accident and emergency would be advantageous.
- Previous experience within Critical Care is also desirable.
- Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.