Senior Theatre Practitioner/ODP in Imaging
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
The Diagnostic dept. at the Princess Grace Hospital provides state of the art equipment and an expert team of radiologists, offering the best diagnostic service in the capital. A variety of Neuro, ENT, Musculoskeletal, Chest and Abdominal scans are offered on the low dose 64 slice CT Scanner or on one of three 1.5T MRI scanners at The Princess Grace Hospital and we even offer outside of hours appointments to our patients.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Theatre Practitioner/ ODP in the Imaging Department
As the Senior Theatre Practitioner /ODP within the imaging dept. you will report to the Clinical Nurse Specialist and will provide a customer focused high quality service to our patients and service users. The will strive for and maintain the best standard of clinical standards and efficiency for our users at all times. The role will require rotation throughout all of the imaging modalities (Interventional Radiology, CT, MRI and Core Services) and throughout all of the imaging sites, although the primary base will be the Princess Grace Hospital
Hours: 37.5 per week (Unit open Monday – Friday from 08:00 - 20:00, with additional evening and weekend on-call)
Salary: competitive + enhancement and benefits
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions
Closing date: 19/01/2019
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a professional standard of excellence in nursing/imaging services for all patients.
- Become competent in all areas of Imaging Nursing, including assisting in Interventional Radiology cases, biopsies, imaging guided drainages and therapeutic procedures.
- Share clinical knowledge with multi-disciplinary colleagues both formally (through CPD sessions/clinical competency forms) and informally (ad hoc teaching/training opportunities).
- Participate in regular mandatory training relating to Safeguarding Vulnerable adults and children, ensuring compliance in escalation of any safeguarding concerns.
- Assist bookings clerks and Radiographers in the booking of immediate appointments.
- Form an effective working relationship with Consultants, medical, Radiographic and administrative staff within the Department and the hospital as a whole.
Skills & Experience
- RGN or Registered ODP (HCPC)
- Demonstrate commitment to theatre/Imaging nursing through CPD/protocol development within a radiology area.
- Have a portfolio of relevant CPD
- Have experience in mentoring.
- Post Graduate qualification within imaging or another relevant area
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.