Senior 1 Mammographer
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services for adults, children and babies, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neuroscience. From open heart surgery on new-born babies to pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating awarded by the CQC.
We have separate paediatric and adult intensive care units (ICUs), and our paediatric ICU is the largest private facility in Europe, with 18 beds. This allows us to support cardiology, cardiac, thoracic, cancer, spinal and other major treatments for children. We have 103 beds in total, including nine adult ICU beds offering the highest level of one-to-one care.
The Mammographer will deliver a high quality of diagnostic imaging to all service users, ensuring clinical safety and facilitating a high standard of patient care.
Competitive Salary with attractive benefits package
37.5 per week, Monday – Friday (some flexibility required)
We actively encourage professional and personal development and we can support you with the opportunity to undertake relevant courses. We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, life assurance, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions (on completion of probation period), annual salary review and help to balance your home and work life with 25 days holiday each year. You’ll also benefit from our flexible benefits scheme where you can sign up to other benefits, such as dental insurance, cycle scheme and discounted gym memberships.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Skillfully provide accurate diagnostic imaging services
- Achieve and maintain high standards of practice within all areas of the department
- Comply with legislative and hospital policies and procedure, ensuring patient safety- particularly relating to Radiation Protection for both adult and paediatric patients
- Practice a high level of customer care
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to maximise clinical efficiency
- To rotate between departments/areas/modalities as required
- To maintain accurate examination records and archived images
- To assist with patient bookings and administrative duties where necessary
- Support departmental audits in accordance with clinical governance policies
Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in Radiography/Medical Radiations
- Medical Imaging (Mammography) Postgrad Certificate
- HCPC registered
- Extensive post qualification experience in Mammography
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Health and Safety training
- Good verbal and non-verbal communication skill
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility to respond to the needs of the department
- Good team player
- Evidence of professional/personal development
- Customer care skills
- Prioritizing workloads
About The Individual
As the successful candidate you will be looking for a new challenge that will offer you the opportunity to learn and develop new skills. As a team player, you will be enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work and be willing to learn and get involved, supporting the team in providing the highest level of care to our patients. It is important you are clear and concise with your communication skills and that you portray a professional outlook at all times.Working in this role- would be ideal for a Mammographer open to enhancing their career in Imaging, able to learn how to live through their patients and embrace new treatments and innovative trends with the defined philosophy of life in all its stages. If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process and look forward to meeting you!