Staff Nurse Orthopaedic Outpatients
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
30 Devonshire is a busy orthopaedic facility within outpatients at the Princess Grace, specializing in complex orthopaedic and sports injury patients. The facility provides clinics for consultant colleagues who are leaders within their field. As part of the orthopaedic team you will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits. On top of this we’re very keen to promote from within our team and with a very clear structure, there’s a lot of scope to develop your career and learn new skills.
As Staff Nurse in our Orthopaedic Outpatients department working with Professor Haddad you will assess, plan, deliver and evaluate high standards of nursing care working on an individual basis as well as within a small team deputising for Senior Staff as needed. You will promote professional relationships within the team & towards customers.
Shifts: Outpatient orthopaedics hours 8-8 with some Saturday requirements for clinics.
Salary: £31,972-£35,169 (dependent on experience) + Benefits
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell an additional 10 days per year. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Closing Date: 12/11/2018
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Undertake extended roles such as phlebotomy
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- To maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Supervise and direct junior staff, promoting a learning environment
- Respect and ensure patients privacy and confidentiality
- Ensure all patient charges are captured
- Chaperoning and assisting medical staff
- Check and report faulty equipment
- Fully document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate records
- Provide patients and families with information regarding care and management of their condition
- Maintain stock levels of supplies/equipment
- Understanding the principles of wound care, aseptic technique and assist with joint aspirations.
- Support patient administrators to ensure clinics are run efficiently.
- Fitting of knee braces.
- Removal on indwelling devices. ECG recordings.
- Wound assessment and care
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered.
- Orthopaedic experience essential
- Knowledge of relevant NMC/national guidelines, policies and procedures (Code of Conduct)
- Outpatients Experience Desirable
- Health and Safety training
- Lifting and Handling
- Basic Life Support / Immediate life support
- Phlebotomy skills
- Wound care assessment
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.