Located in the heart of London’s esteemed medical district, the newly-refurbished Princess Grace Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA Healthcare UK facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
We are looking for a highly motivated team member who will be able to work both independently and as part of a team. The right candidate will be able to effectively deliver services for the day-to-day running of the dispensary, working under the direct supervision of a Senior Pharmacy Technician and receiving Pharmacist support. The candidate must have a flexible approach to work, be able to adapt in new situations and be willing to learn aspects of all departments within pharmacy.
Attractive & Competitive salary
Working hours 37.5 per week
Benefits: Mentorship programme training, strong team environment, hands on management, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system. Support for converting your nursing diploma to nursing degree, learning opportunities with the latest cutting edge technology and medical innovation. Private pension, private medical care cover, guaranteed annual salary review and much more that you can expect.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To participate in multi-disciplinary team work, helping to create and maintain effective working relationships.
- To liaise with the Senior Pharmacy Technician in all aspects of the department.
- To independently provide a dispensing service to both in / out patients using the Meditech dispensing system under the supervision of a pharmacist.
- To be able to provide patient medication counselling.
- To supply stock medications to outpatient and GP clinics
- To ensure adequate stock levels are ordered to maintain our work load.
- To take responsibility for dealing with patient account queries
- To ensure correct and prompt charging / invoicing for patients as required.
- To participate in departmental audit activities.
- To assist in project work under the supervision of the Senior Pharmacy Technician
- To maintain accurate record keeping.
- To provide support for day to day purchasing using Medecator.
- Maintain and control stock levels for both the pharmacy and wards.
- To accurately check off deliveries against delivery notes, process claims for missing/incorrect items and returns.
- To be involved in stock rotation, cycle counts and routine expiry date checks both within the pharmacy and on the wards.
- To provide an efficient, accurate and economical ward top-up service according to hospital protocol and able to use the Omnicell® system
- To check expiry dates and stock holdings on the floors/departments on a regular basis.
- To work closely with the ward pharmacist in order to provide an optimum pharmacy service to the ward.
- To achieve, maintain and develop appropriate pharmacy technical expertise, skills and knowledge.
- To participate in the orientation and training of technical staff and non-clinical hospital staff as required.
- To assist with the maintenance and recording of any emergency boxes, as required.
- To participate in the rota system including weekend, early and late shifts if required.
- To ensure that drugs are stored safely and securely according to the corporate medication policy and hospital protocol
- To ensure correct and safe disposal of all unwanted medication.
- To comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act, COSHH and other relevant regulations.
- To follow and assist in the development of standards and procedures.
- To maintain a clean and tidy work area, including cleaning of pharmacy equipment and shelving.
Skills & Experience
- Pharmacy NVQ3, BTech or equivalent
- Registration with General Pharmaceutical Council
- Good spoken and written English
- Excellent customer services skills
- Desirable 2 years’ experience post qualification as above, hospital experience preferable but not essential for the right candidate
- Computer literate preferably with experience of Meditech and Medecator systems
- Desirable to hold ACPT accreditation or working towards achieving qualification.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.