Infection Control Lead Nurse
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; provides award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare. We have over 240 patient beds, spanning 3 sites, including a 50 bed Acute Neurological Rehabilitation unit, the UK’s largest private intensive care unit as well as 13 Operating Theatres and 3 Outpatient & Diagnostic treatment centres.
We are currently looking to recruit an Infection Control Lead Nurse, based at The Wellington Hospital's state of the art facility in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 9LE).
The Infection Control Lead Nurse will report directly to Jan Stevens CBE, Chief Nursing Officer at The Wellington Hospital, who successfully lead the work to reduce MRSA & CDifficle across England. Jan will be able to provide mentorship and support enabling you to continue to develop your knowledge and skills.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Infection Control Specialist Nurse to work within her team maintaining the very low levels of infection at the Hospital and continuing to develop the service.
This is a Permanent, full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. Core hours are 9am – 5:30pm (Monday - Friday) with flexibility and occasional early starts/late finishes.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £45,754 - £54,905 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and manage all infection control activities across the hospital, improving the standard of infection prevention and control through communication, raising awareness, guiding clinical practice
- Providing expert advice on refurbishments and new builds, teaching and conducting
- Working closely with the Chief Nursing Officer, Microbiologist, Occupational Health, Estates department and Governance providing professional advice on all matters relating to infection prevention and control
- Develop and implement an Annual Infection Prevention and Control Training Programme
- Lead Infection Prevention and Control Training Programme including Link Nurse training and support the Education department in development of E-Learning
- Play a lead role in the investigation and management of outbreaks of infection
- Responsible for the collation of data for reports on infection prevention and control to be presented to the infection control committee, ensuring a full audit programme is in place
- Ensure that infection control policies, procedures and guidelines are up-to-date and compliant with the Infection Control Code of Practice
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with significant post registration experience within a specialist infection control role
- Evidence of a recognised qualification (Degree), within infection control.
- Masters qualification is desirable
- As a senior member of the nursing team, you will also have experience of providing leadership and adding strategic value
- Excellent communication skills with a positive attitude and the ability to develop excellent working relationship with all stakeholders across the facility as well as the Director of Clinical Services and integrated governance at HCA cooperate
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.