Medical Senior Staff Nurse
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Lister Hospital and its outpatient centres are located in the heart of Chelsea, and have consistently provided care and treatment in London for over 30 years. We offer access to leading consultants from London's top teaching hospitals and contemporary treatment, with several highly specialised units including fertility, gastroenterology and cardiology.
With 57 beds across three floors, we offer a specialised service, bespoke to our patient’s needs. Our six-bed critical care unit provides dedicated specialised care to seriously ill patients with a range of surgical or medical conditions
The Lister Hospital campus in South-West London has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission in 2017, which highlights the exceptional care and highest quality of nursing and clinical care provided by our staff at the hospital.
This is an exciting new position for an Senior Staff Nurse to act as deputy to the sister/charge nurse, the senior staff nurse is instrumental in ensuring the highest standards of clinical care are delivered on an established service in a new environment. Historically the Lister Hospital's medical services have been incorporated within our oncology services however due to an increase in the number of cases we are receiving and to offer a more dedicated service to our patients and consultants we are creating a separate Medical ward
For medical professionals who value great training and career progression opportunities, an open-door management policy with a real team spirit, The Lister Hospital Campus is the career destination of choice.
As a Senior Staff Nurse you will be responsible for providing high quality nursing through assessing, planning, delivering and evaluating care for patients within the Medical ward. The successful candidate will also promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care and the services offered within the team.
Hours: 37.5 hrs pw working Long days/Nights/Weekends
Salary: £36,000-£41,000 dependent on experience plus enhancements and benefits
Closing date for applications: 15/10/2018
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs.
• Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
• Work well within a team, directing junior staff and deputising for the Sister/Charge Nurse in their absence, always ensuring that patient care is at a consistently high level.
• Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
• Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff.
Skills & Experience
• Registered General Nurse with post graduate experience.
• Proven nursing experience within a medical in-patient ward setting.
• Leadership/mentoring experience.
• Motivated and forward thinking individual with excellent communication skills.
• Excellent communication, time management and prioritisation skills with a passion for providing an exceptional patient experience.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.