Senior Haematology Pharmacist (9 month fixed term contract)
From complex care to straightforward procedures in both adults and children, HCA UK provides exceptional care across our six world-class hospitals, clinics, outpatient and diagnostics centres, and NHS partnerships. We believe that all our patients and employees should have access to the latest state-of-the-art technology, which has seen HCA Uk invest more than £500 million over the last decade to ensure that our hospitals and specialist centres are amongst the best equipped in the world. This philosophy of continual investment ensures our employees have the best career development opportunities; as their skills advance alongside our facilities and technology.
Located on the top four floors of the Cancer Centre at Guy’s Hospital, Private Care at Guy’s is the latest addition to the London Bridge Hospital campus. We are proud to partner with Guy's Hospital, a world leader in advancing medicine and care.
As well has having 40 patient bedrooms, diagnostic imaging, 18 bay chemotherapy suite 9 day surgery bedrooms and an ICU unit, the new addition also 4 integrated theatres including Europe's first integrated robotics theatre which includes a dual-console da Vinci robotic system, allowing us to carry out more minimally invasive urology procedures.
- To assist the Lead Oncology Pharmacist in provision of clinical pharmacy services within London Bridge Hospital – Private Care at Guys.
- To participate in the daily running of all areas of the pharmacy department, including designated time in the aseptic unit, dispensary, outpatients, inpatients, clinical verification of SACT, e-Prescribing and protocols and clinical audit.
- To provide leadership within the haematology speciality.
- To promote and contribute to the education and training of staff both within and outside the pharmacy department.
- To raise the profile of the pharmacy department both within and outside the company by forging links where appropriate with external groups/institutions and if required undertake membership at appropriate internal/corporate forums.
- To contribute to service review, performance monitoring, professional and clinical audit, and research and development.
This is a 9 month, fixed term contract (37.5 hours per week) with a competitive starting salary (increasing depending upon experience and skills)
Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist in the daily provision of all aspects of the pharmacy services within London Bridge Hospital Private Care at Guys.
- To be the specialist pharmacist in Haematology.
- To deputise for the Lead Oncology Pharmacist.
- To provide a safe and patient-focused clinical pharmacy service to all patients, staff and practitioners. This includes undertaking medicines reconciliation, assessing pharmaceutical needs, assessing and facilitating the use of Patient’s Own Drugs, ensuring appropriate drug supply, reporting any clinical incidents as necessary and developing strategies to improve safe medicine use and management.
- To develop treatment guidelines, new protocol requests and new medicines submissions with clinicians in order to promote evidence-based, cost-effective prescribing, considering all relevant local and national policies and procedures.
- To assist in providing an outpatient pharmacy and dispensary service and participate in the responsible pharmacist duties/rota, ensuring safe and effective running of the pharmacy in relation to the sale and supply of medicines.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the Deputy/Pharmacy Manager/Lead Oncology Pharmacist within the scope of the role.
Skills & Experience
- Registered member of the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Experience as a hospital clinical pharmacist in oncology/haematology
- Experience in a specialist area – Haematology
- Practical experience in an Aseptic Production Unit & GMP.
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
- Post graduate diploma/masters in clinical pharmacy or equivalent qualification
- Independent Prescriber qualification is desirable
- Practical experience of clinical trials is desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.