Senior 1 Physiotherapist
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
- To effectively manage a caseload of medical and surgical rehab patients, including post-op surgical, general medical, and patients with neurological impairments. Use specialist clinical reasoning to recommend best course of intervention, developing comprehensive treatment plans related to patient centred goals.
- To assist other members of the wider physiotherapy team with management of general rehabilitation patients on all wards and ITU, ensuring best practice and clinical reasoning is applied with all patients.
- To anticipate, assess and respond effectively to the needs of the patients, thus making excellent customer service a first priority.
- To practice in accordance with the CSP standards, comply with evidence based medicine and actively seek to update personal professional development.
- To participate in regular notes audits and to ensure personal documentation complies within accepted CSP standards.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
The attractive and competitive salary for this role starts at £39,135 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward and recognition:
We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide thorough assessment and treatment of patient conditions and to seek second opinion in circumstances when diagnosis may be unclear.
- To provide highly specialised physiotherapy treatment using evidence based practice where possible.
- To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work.
- To maintain a high standard of professional and personal conduct, complying with the HCA code of conduct and the HCPC rules of professional conduct.
- To provide specialised physiotherapy assessment and treatment using evidence based practice where possible.
- To plan and implement treatment using a patient centred, goal orientated approach, including use of outcome measures.
- To maintain accurate and comprehensive treatment records detailing individual patient’s treatments, plan and progress, maintaining compliance with the CSP and HCA documentation guidelines.
- To comply with all policies and procedures and guidelines (including health and safety, infection control and clinical risk management) as indicated.
Skills & Experience
- Physiotherapy degree qualification
- Post registration broad clinical experience within Oncology
- HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) registration
- Member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapists or equivalent is desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.