The Harley Street Clinic is one of the most prestigious and respected private hospitals in London, specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children. With the most advanced medical equipment and the largest private paediatric ITU in the country, it’s no surprise we attract some of the finest specialist consultants from many of London's major teaching
The Radiotherapy Department at THSC treats approximately 700 patients per year utilising two Varian linacs with full RapidArc, IGRT and Gating capabilities. In addition, the Radiosurgery service at HCA includes the UK’s first CyberKnife based at The Harley Street Clinic (THSC) and The London Gamma Knife Centre, currently located at St Bartholomew’s Hospital, however soon to be relocated later this year at The Platinum Medical Centre following the install of a Gamma knife ICON.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Senior Radiotherapist to join our team. As part of the Radiotherapy team the successful applicant will have access to all of HCA’s fantastic benefits and will work within an established organization based in one of London’s most renowned medical locations and known worldwide for its outstanding service.
To work as a member of the radiotherapy team responsible for maintaining and developing the radiotherapy service.
Salary - Competitive starting at £39,135 and increasing depending upon experience
Working hours 32 hours per week, Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm (start and finish times may vary due to patient workload)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain exemplary professional standards and quality assurance in all aspects of patient care.
- Be responsible for the accurate planning or administration of radiotherapy treatments ensuring accurate documentation of treatments in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with senior radiographic staff, agree, implement and monitor systems of work, quality assurance procedures and protocols.
- Maintain effective liaison with all appropriate staff to ensure the provision of a high quality service and a smooth and efficient work flow through the department.
- In conjunction with other health professionals, support and participate in a team approach to problem solving leading to the continued development of the radiotherapy service.
- Operate radiotherapy equipment in accordance with operational procedures ensuring routine quality assurance procedures are carried out.
- Ensure all equipment faults and malfunctions are recorded and reported to the Radiotherapy Service Manager and Chief Physicist.
- Ensure accurate statistical information is collated in accordance with department policy. Take part in audits as required.
- Observe current legislation regarding the use of ionizing radiation, local rules for radiation safety and COSHH regulations.
- Ensure continued professional development.
- Act as ambassador for The Harley Street Clinic and act in accordance with our mission statement and ethics.
Skills & Experience
- BSc (Hons) in Therapeutic Radiography or equivalent
- HPC registration
- Post -graduation clinical experience
- Further studies associated with cancer management
- Health and Safety training
- Lifting and Handling training
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.