Outpatients Staff Nurse
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
We are excited to be able to offer an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join the outpatient department within our Platinum Medical Centre. The PMC is the largest private diagnostic and outpatient centre in the country and will serve 70,000 outpatients every year. The PMC houses an extensive state-of-the-art diagnostic and imaging centre, complete with seven floors of 50 consulting rooms, 4 day surgery theatres, and a 12 bedded day surgery unit.
We are now recruiting for Staff Nurse within The Outpatient Department at The Platinum Medical Centre
As a Staff Nurse you will work as part of a team to ensure a high standard of nursing care and safety for patients and all service users within OPD.
This is a full time, permanent post (37.5 hours per week) The service is open 8am-8pm Monday – Friday (working short shifts to cover the service) & Sat (8am – 2pm) - Flexible hours required and rotate one Sat every 3/4 weeks.
The projected salary range is £31,972 - £35,169 per annum, dependent on experience.
closing date for applications: 06/01/2019
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
- Assist in the organisation of clinics to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Assist in nurse-led clinics and carrying out observations, investigations and treatments as required.
- Ensure equipment is in good working order and maintain accurate records of patient care.
- Organise tests and appointments both within and outside the hospital.
- Provide patients and families with information regarding the management of their condition.
Skills & Experience
- Experience working within an outpatients department would be advantageous but not essential.
- Liaise very closely with surgery team and work across multiple specialities including Ortho / Neuro/ Gastro / Colorectal
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures.
- Phlebotomy training is desirable.
- You will be diplomatic, empathetic and tactful, with a passion for delivering customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.