7 days left
- Job Type
HCA Healthcare UK – World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016.
London Bridge Hospital is expanding in 2017 into the top four floors of the new Guy’s Cancer Centre. With 38.2 million pound investment and 60,000 square feet this purpose built facility will allow London Bridge Hospital to house its cancer services in one roof. Consultants from London’s top teaching hospitals will offer full surgical provision in urology, gynaecology, breast, ENT, maxillofacial and head and neck, as well as reconstructive surgery for these specialties. The hospital will partner with Leaders in Oncology (LOC) across chemotherapy, outpatient oncology and haematology.
The new site will encompass inpatient and daycase beds, operating theatres including the first integrated robotics theatre in the UK, housing a Da Vinci Robot. There will also be a chemotherapy unit, outpatient consulting, Level 3 Critical Care and Imaging including X-Ray, MRI and Ultrasound.
The London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses the recently opened outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard, the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site, and a further five outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent. Patients benefit from multidisciplinary streamlined care, investment in leading-edge technology and London teaching hospital consultants.
The dietetic assistant will have an integral role within the dietetic outpatient department. This role will be divided into two complimentary areas, an administrative and secretarial role for the dietetic outpatient department, and a practical patient – facing role within the Hydrogen Breath Test (HBT) service.
Formal training will be available to facilitate development as a dietetic assistant, and to ensure competency is achieved for the required tasks.
The dietetic assistant will hold responsibility for ordering departmental / HBT supplies and for compliance with health and safety regulations. As the dietetic assistant develops within their role, there can be opportunity to support dietitians with inpatient quality projects such as screening, audits and menu planning.
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Salary: £21,000 to £26,314 (Dependent on experience)
Duties & Responsibilities
- To lead on departmental administrative duties (calendar, bookings, referrals, letters, account charges and maintaining stock levels)
- To hold a supportive role within the HBT outpatient service (Guiding patients through their HBT, measuring breath samples, organising results and calibrating the HBT machine)
- To actively participate in the monitoring of clinical effectiveness through data collection, clinical audits and quality improvement activities.
- To maintain accurate records and documentation, and maintain statistics required to comply with hospital and departmental standards including billing and activity information.
- To work alongside the catering dietitian and contribute to projects such as menu development and the monitoring of quality and standards of specialised meals provided.
- To be involved in the updating and standardisation of diet sheets, resources, policy and procedures for the department.
- To participate in the promotion and development of the dietetic service and undertake any other duties requested by the head of dietetics or deputy dietetic manager.
Skills & Experience
- NVQ Level 3 in Healthcare or appropriate diploma in Health and Social Care
- Good level of education
- Experience as an allied health professionals’ assistant or experience working within the health care setting is desirable
- Certificate in Food Hygiene is desirable
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organisational skills, promoting a pleasant and caring attitude within the hospital. You will have the ability to work as an effective team member of multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary teams. The ability to work under pressure is a must.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details!