Staff Nurse Outpatients
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services for adults, children and babies, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neuroscience. From open heart surgery on new-born babies to pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating awarded by the CQC.
We have separate paediatric and adult intensive care units (ICUs), and our paediatric ICU is the largest private facility in Europe, with 18 beds. This allows us to support cardiology, cardiac, thoracic, cancer, spinal and other major treatments for children. We have 103 beds in total, including nine adult ICU beds offering the highest level of one-to-one care.
We are currently recruiting for a Staff Nurse-Outpatients based in our Outpatient Diagnostic centre at 16 Devonshire St.
As a Staff Nurse you will be involved in all aspects of running a high performing service that delivers excellent customer service to our patients. Your main role will see you working closely with our consultants, supporting them in consultations by taking blood, dressings injections and wound care. However you will also be involved in updating clinic sheets, answering queries from patients, consultants and secretaries and booking consultant rooms.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week .
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £31972 - £35,169 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
closing date: 19/12/2018
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- To demonstrate excellent clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy and advanced wound dressings
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policies and procedures
- Promote good communication channels amongst staff enhancing good team work
- To maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- To deputise for senior staff in their absence, demonstrating leadership skills
- Supervise and direct junior staff, promoting a learning environment
- Respect and ensure patients privacy and confidentiality
- Ensure all patient charges are captured
- Provide chaperone service and assist medical staff with clinical procedures
- Undertake daily checks of equipment and report when faulty
- Fully document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate records
- Provide patients and families with information regarding care and management of their condition
- Maintain stock levels of supplies/equipment
- To carry out nursing duties as requested by senior staff
- Administrative duties as required
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1
- NMC Registration and meet PREP requirements
- Experience relevant to specialist area desirable
- Phlebotomy training
- Knowledge of relevant hospital policies and procedures
- Manual Handling training
- ILS desirable
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.