Consultant Liaison Officer
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
As the Consultant Liaison Officer, you will liaise with the Consultants at the Hospital to ensure the promotion and development of their services to ensure we retain referrals from these Consultants for all areas of service delivery. In addition, you will be responsible for attracting new Consultants to the hospital, and will ensure the ongoing maintenance of relationships with Consultants who already have a practice at HCA.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week (between the hours of 9.00 am – 5.30 pm, plus some out of hours for events)
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with relevant staff members to ensure the ongoing evaluation and analysis of utilization data, referral trends and patterns for each Consultant/ relevant service area
- Assist in the creation of business partnership with Consultants
- Take responsibility for the maintenance and ongoing management of consultant agreements in liaison with Legal and Business Development Departments
- Increase market intelligence in order to aid consultant recruitment
- Review current communication patterns between Consultant and Hospital leadership and staff
- Prepare and present monthly reports, identifying trends, additional business opportunities, and obstacles to new business growth
- Establish strong working relationship with consultants and their medical secretaries/practice managers
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have experience of working within healthcare management team and previous hospital based clinical/operational experience, which is support with in-depth knowledge of the private healthcare industry. Able to research and explain market data, you will have the ability to access and understand financial reports and design targeted referral strategies
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.