Clinical Nurse Specialist
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Working in partnership with University College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, HCA UK at University College Hospital is a dedicated private facility offering expert care for patients with cancer and blood disorders. Our team of experienced doctors and nurses provide the highest quality of personalised care, at all stages of treatment for our patients.
Rate ‘Outstanding’ by CQC, we are continually investing in our facilities to make sure that our patients have access to the latest treatments and technology, including our advanced radiotherapy and JACIE-accredited bone marrow transplant service.
These are exciting times for the unit as we implement plans for service development and growth and as such we are looking for highly motivated, specialist CNS to join our Haematology team and help us to continue to deliver and build upon, excellence in care and service delivery. We offer low nurse to patient ratio where you will have the opportunity to delivery exceptional care.
As the Haematology Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant Clinical Nurse Specialist you will be responsible for providing expert clinical and educational advice to patients, families and staff.
Working autonomously to support the Consultants, whilst assisting in the business growth of the Haematology service, you will also be responsible for identifying areas of their service for development; then implementing and evaluating change using current research, audit and experience.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week Monday – Friday.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £38000 - £50330 (dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure all staff are kept up to date in a timely manner with any changes to the patients care and / or needs
- Ensures that accurate and contemporaneous patient and staff records are maintained which are stored correctly and safely
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate care to address complex and changing needs
- Delivers clinical services cost effectively
- Provides patients, families and carers with expert, unbiased information regarding the causes, care and management of their condition
- Record, report and take immediate action regarding positive or negative feedback from patients/relatives/Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) member about any issue arising during the patient care/experience in the department
- Use communication skills in order to convey complex and sensitive information effectively to patients, carers and other staff, overcoming any barriers to understanding and providing support during distressing or emotional events
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with Haematology and Oncology experience
- NMC Registration
- Post Registration Qualification
- Experience of working within the Clinical Nurse Specialist role
- Phlebotomy / IV/ Chemotherapy experience
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.