At The Harley Street Clinic, we provide a range of complex care services for adults, children and babies, specialising in oncology, cardiology and neuroscience. From open heart surgery on new-born babies to pioneering techniques to treat cancer, our clinicians work together to provide the best possible care and treatments for our patients. Our staff always go the extra mile in caring for our patients which can be demonstrated by our recent outstanding rating awarded by the CQC.
We have separate paediatric and adult intensive care units (ICUs), and our paediatric ICU is the largest private facility in Europe, with 18 beds. This allows us to support cardiology, cardiac, thoracic, cancer, spinal and other major treatments for children. We have 103 beds in total, including nine adult ICU beds offering the highest level of one-to-one care.
To assist in the daily running of a safe and effective pharmacy aseptic service. The post holder will maintain the highest standards of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure appropriate working conditions are maintained and that the relevant principles of Good Manufacturing Practice, COSHH and those of the Health and Safety at Work Act, are applied at all times.
- To ensure adherence of pharmacy, HSC and HCA SOPs and policies.
- To prepare workload schedule, labels and worksheets ensuring accurate recording of all information necessary to comply with SOPs.
- To assemble raw materials and equipment required for aseptic manufacture.
- To check the accurate assembly of ingredients prior to product preparation.
- To aseptically prepare items for patients using cleanroom technology in a safe, timely and cost-effective manner following local SOPs, GMP and COSHH regulations.
- To be involved in routine cleaning, maintenance and monitoring of the cleanroom environment to ensure it maintains the required standards which is critical to the end product and ultimately to patient care following appropriate COSHH guidelines.
- To assist in the provision of clinical trial services
- Participate in the maintenance of all environmental monitoring and quality assurance systems in order to ensure the continued functioning of the unit, under the guidance of the Aseptic Unit Lead . Liaise with external agencies responsible for monitoring quality systems.
- To assist the Aseptic Unit Lead or to schedule service contracts for equipment used in the Aseptic Unit undergo regular preventative maintenance to ensure that all equipment is fit and maintained for the purpose intended.
- Ensure appropriate stock maintenance and appropriate storage to support service delivery.
- Participate in service review processes in order to ensure current practices are appropriate.
- To work with the Aseptic Pharmacy Team to ensure a first class service for patients and consultants.
- Where required, to assist with writing and reviewing SOPs
- Where required, to participate in audits
- To use the IT system effectively to facilitate good stock control.
- To communicate in a professional, efficient and polite manner with all staff members within Pharmacy and other departments in the organisation.
- To raise and discuss any areas of concern or ideas for service improvements as they arise anywhere within the clinic.
- To maintain a professional personal and patient centered approach in all aspects of the role.
Skills & Experience
Aseptic experience essential
Level 3 (NVQ) Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills OR
Criteria may be relaxed if you have experience as a pharmacy assistant (or dispensing assistant) and a relevant qualification such as the Level 2 (NVQ) Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills .
About The Individual
As the successful candidate you will be looking for a new challenge that will offer you the opportunity to learn and develop new skills. You will have worked within an acute setting with a variety of digital equipment. As a team player, you will be enthusiastic and flexible in your approach to work and be willing to learn and get involved, supporting the team in providing the highest level of care to our patients. It is important you are clear and concise with your communication skills and that you portray a professional outlook at all times.