HCA Healthcare UK has developed a dedicated private centre in partnership with The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in Manchester. The Christie Private Care treats private patients with a full range of diagnostic, inpatient, surgical, day care and outpatient treatment all on one site.
The Christie is an impressive and well-respected NHS Trust which is a European cancer centre providing advanced cancer care and housing the world's largest early clinical trials unit. The Christie Private Care builds on these services and provides state-of-the-art private patient facilities which include; 28 bedded inpatient Oncology wards, 6 bed Haematology and Transplant unit, Day Case Chemotherapy Unit, Outpatient Department, Specialised Radiotherapy Unit & Psychology services.
We offer great training and development opportunities to all staff member along with access to a range of flexible benefits.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced ward manager to lead the team of oncology nurses to deliver outstanding care in the inpatient setting. The ward delivers all aspects of oncology care including chemotherapy, surgical and end of life care.
Oncology experience is desirable but not essential. The successful candidate will need to have proved experience of leading a team to deliver exceptional patient experience and outcomes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Adheres to the organisation’s values and mission/vision in his/her daily work and interaction with others.
- Works collaboratively with the ward Matron to implement and achieve the unit’s short and long term goals which are aligned with the organisational vision/mission and the nursing strategy.
- Maintains effective communication with all members of the multidisciplinary team to deliver a high quality of care.
- Acts as clinical expert for junior staff.
- Is flexible and promotes innovations in practice.
- Consistently models effective leadership through personal behaviour.
- Acts within and adheres to hospital policies, applicable laws, regulations and NMC requirements.
- Champions lifelong personal and professional learning, maintaining a professional portfolio.
- Maintains department costs and staff costs in line with budget and worked hours/Units of Services (UOS).
- Monitors revenues and expenses throughout the year, including insurance details.
- Creatively manages flexible staffing patterns that meet changing patient service level/needs.
- Ensure that all aspects of the HCA workload methodology which link volume activity and working hours required are strictly observed.
Skills & Experience
- Ability to manage staff effectively*
- Ability to recognise clinical and managerial problems taking appropriate action*
- Knowledge of dealing sensitively with complaints*
- Appreciation of the cultural needs of both patients and staff
- Ability to manage resources efficiently within budgetary constraints and for a constantly changing workload*
- Skill in prioritising workload and delegating as appropriate*
- Good verbal and written communication skills*
- Confident with IT/ Excel
- Oncology experience is desirable but not essential.
About the Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.