RGN - Any specialism
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our new Advanced Rehabilitation Centre unit at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 6PD). The Wellington Hospital has the largest independent rehabilitation unit in the UK and provides comprehensive interdisciplinary inpatient rehabilitation programmes to patients with acquired brain injury, neurological conditions and complex medical disability.
This Centre is for patients who need additional support before they are discharged, where average patient stay is 2-3 weeks. Patients can come from Medical or Surgical wards or patients who have wound care issues and don’t have support in the community or family at home. There may also be patients from the neuro rehab wards (step-down unit). This role is all about enabling patients, educating them and allowing them to be independent when they return home.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week – this includes flexibility with regards to working hours.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role starts at £31,972 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward and recognition:
We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently assessing patient care requirements by monitoring and interpreting patient’s vital signs, initiating appropriate interventions and referrals and devising appropriate plan of care.
- Evaluating nursing outcomes based on assessment and analysis of nursing interventions.
- Demonstrating good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
- Providing patients and families with information regarding care and management of their condition.
- Recognising and take appropriate action in emergency situations as well as deputise for senior staff nurses in their absence.
- Communicating, work effectively and collaboratively with MDT as well as contribute to the multidisciplinary audit.
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse with post graduate experience
- Preferably competent in the Discharge process and referral process back into the community
- Acute Medical, Neurological or neurological rehabilitation experience is preferred
- Experience with Geriatrics and/or care of the elderly will be beneficial.
- Suitable Care/Nursing Home RGNs and Community Nurses may also be considered
- An enthusiastic and motivated individual with excellent communication skills and a strong collaborative approach.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.