At The Wilmslow Hospital, we diagnose and treat a range of conditions using some of the most advanced technology in the region, from our 3T MRI scanner to our state-of-the-art laminar flow operating theatres.
The hospital is made up of 13 consultant rooms; a full diagnostic imaging suite; 2 operating theatres and a dedicated women’s health unit.
For a comprehensive Job Spec please contact email@example.com
Full time 37.5 hours
- To be a highly visible leader and role model to all staff within the teams.
- To ensure theatre staff deliver high quality specialist services for planned procedures and there is an effective on call out of hours service
- To allocate staff appropriately, utilising the skill mix to its full potential.
- To provide strategic and operational direction to build the departmental business; plan new services and introduce new technologies as required.
- Provide a highly responsive service to consultant users.
Clinical Practice and Patient Care
- To ensure representation from the surgical services department at any forum pertinent to the clinical area.
- To appreciate and be sensitive to patients’ physical, psychological, spiritual and cultural requirements.
- To understand the Integrated Governance process and ensure staff comply with the Infection Control and H&S policies to minimise risks to patients and staff
- To ensure the delivery of excellent clinical practice at all times and to be professionally accountable for own practice as evidenced by the clinical competency framework and in accordance with NMC (or equivalent) and HCA guidelines.
- To lead all clinical staff in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care.
- To ensure that patient dignity and privacy is respected at all times.
- To performance manage all staff ensuring annual appraisals and reviews are carried out effectively and on time.
- To be responsible for recruitment and retention of staff and provide departmental Human Resource management, supported by the HR Department.
- To support all staff to maintain and develop their skills in compliance with an annual Learning & Development plan
- To be responsible for ensuring all clinical staff attends their mandatory training days on an annual basis.
- To maintain records of staff training and development activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Strategic and operational management: financial, business, staffing, governance
- Efficient session utilisation
- Create a One Stop booking service for all the operating theatres
- Delivering the most efficient and effective theatre staffing
- Planning new services, technologies
- Consultant Liaison
- All aspects of Integrated Governance
Skills & Experience
In addition to the knowledge and understanding the post holder will require the following skills to perform the role to the standard required:
- Excellent organisational and management skills with the ability to flexibly respond to the needs of the department and the hospital
- The ability to effectively manage the clinical area on a day to day basis and plan ahead
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including communication (verbal, non verbal and written), positive mental attitude and sensitivity
- Professional manner at all times
- The ability to set, implement and evaluate standards of practice
- Change management skills
- Commitment to Continual Professional Development
- Commitment to Clinical Governance and Quality initiatives
About The Individual