Healthcare Assistant and Chaperone
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
HCA Healthcare UK has developed a dedicated private centre in partnership with The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in Manchester. The Christie Private Care treats private patients with a full range of diagnostic, inpatient, surgical, day care and outpatient treatment all on one site.
The Christie is an impressive and well-respected NHS Trust which is a European cancer centre providing advanced cancer care and housing the world's largest early clinical trials unit. The Christie Private Care builds on these services and provides state-of-the-art private patient facilities which include; 28 bedded inpatient Oncology wards, 6 bed Haematology and Transplant unit, Day Case Chemotherapy Unit, Outpatient Department, Specialised Radiotherapy Unit & Psychology services
We are now recruiting for a Healthcare Assistant to work @ The Christie Clinic-Manchester
The Healthcare Assistant will assist clinical staff in providing nursing care of the highest quality to patients. They will perform administrative duties as required, facilitating the smooth running of the department and will aid the patients journey and experience of being in hospital.
Hours: 37.5 hours/ week, working various shifts (includes nights and weekends).
Salary: £17,000 - £21,450 (dependent on candidate experience)
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide basic nursing care to patients under the supervision of trained staff
- Carry out basic observations and record the results
- Monitor stock levels and order stock and non-stock items as delegated (in the absence of the housekeeper)
- Ensure clinical areas are kept tidy
- Clean and check equipment, reporting faults
- Demonstrate a caring and supportive manner to patients and relatives
- Escort patients as required, either within the hospital or beyond
- Undertake administrative duties as required
- To support the team in ensuring Patient Satisfaction Surveys are given to all patients and collected prior to discharge
- To participate in phlebotomy once adequately trained
Skills & Experience
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care (Desirable)
- Previous Healthcare Assistant experience within a Hospital (Desirable)
- Good communication skills
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.