Staff Nurse - Angiography
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Rated as 'outstanding' by the CQC, the London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard; the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site; Private Care at Guys, which is on the top four floors of Guys Hospital Cancer Centre; and outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
With 160 beds, 22 ICU beds and 10 operating theatres we offer our patients exceptional treatment across a multitude of acute and complex care, and have use of the latest technologies and healthcare innovations.
London Bridge Hospital angiography department comprises of 3 cath labs catering for the following procedures: Coronary Angiography, Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI), Electrophysiology Studies (EPS) & ablation, Device Implantation including biventricular pacemakers and implantable defibrillators, Valvular Intervention such as TAVI, Interventional Radiology and Pain management (including epidurals).
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week – this includes flexibility with regards to working hours. The successful candidate would be required to work on-call shifts as required too.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role starts at £31,972 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward and recognition:
We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Able to scrub, circulate and recovery for cardiac and radiology procedures
- To demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient the needs of patients
- Plan and deliver care, facilitate safe transfers and ensure comprehensive handover for ongoing care
- Early recognition of clinical problems and report or take appropriate action
- Maintenance of accurate records and delegated departmental administrative duties
- Assist medical staff in invasive procedures
- Initiate improvements and developments in clinical issues and delivery of care
Skills & Experience
- RGN, with NMC registration
- Previous experience in interventional cardiology/radiology
- ECG Interpretation and recording
- IV Cannulation and phlebotomy
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.