Salary £23,023 - £29,608
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest acute hospital Trusts in the country, serving a diverse
population, comprising four acute hospitals: Queen Elizabeth, Heartlands, Good Hope and Solihull.
Endoscopy is a rapidly developing service with advances in diagnostic and therapeutic therapies constantly evolving. The service offers a broad range of therapies for patients diagnosed with gastroenterological disorders and operates a 24 hour on call service for patients with GI bleeds. It is a fast-paced environment with opportunities to develop specialist skills in this wide field of expertise; quick access to IV therapy training, venous cannulation, ALERT & AIM and internal courses are also available. All site teams are friendly and supportive and welcome new staff.
What appeals to you?
• Working in an innovative area which is constantly evolving?
• Working in a service which is fast paced?
• Working in an area where no two days are ever the same?
• Developing additional skills; IV/Cannulation/Venepuncture/Consent as well as bedside nursing?
• Developing additional specialist skills to assist with a broad range of therapies?
• Being there for patients, being supportive of them during their diagnosis and being their advocate
• Being part of a close knit, supportive and friendly team?
• Working closely with clinicians to bring about successful outcomes for patients?
If this appeals to you then we can offer you:-
• Flexible working patterns
• Well established educational support
• Opportunities for newly qualified nurses
• The chance to work in our brand-new purpose built unit, within the new Ambulatory Care and Diagnostic Centre on the Heartlands site
We require enthusiastic, motivated nurses who are able to work as team members and also autonomously in all areas of Endoscopy. Following training you would be expected to participate in the ‘on call’ GI bleed service which is operational during out of hours. The Endoscopy service operates 7-days a week, with variable shift patterns available at each of our Endoscopy Units: - Heartlands Hospital, Good Hope Hospital and Solihull Hospital. We look forward to hearing from you.
For further information or if you would like to arrange aninformal visit one any of the three sites of HGS please contact the Senior Sisters:
• Rose Riley (0121) 424 1147 (Based at Birmingham Heartlands Hospital)
• Mandy Harrison (0121) 424 9188 (Based at Good Hope Hospital in Sutton Coldfield)
• Amanda Hemming (0121) 424 4398 (Based at Solihull Hospital)
Alternatively Matron Bev Baker on (0121) 424 2000 page 2745 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote reference is 295 – EN1DH.
Application forms and job descriptions are available online by clicking the apply button.
Closing date: 29th November 2018.
Interview date: 8th December 2018.
The Trust is committed to Equal Opportunities in Employment, operates a no smoking policy and is working towards a smoke free environment.
We are proud to be a Foundation Trust.