Staff Nurse - Neuro Rehab (4N)
6 days left
- Job Type
Develop your nursing career with HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Staff Nurse to join our Neurological Rehabilitation unit at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London (NW8 6PD).
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 900 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
The Acute Neurological Rehabilitation is the largest independent rehabilitation unit in the UK and provides comprehensive interdisciplinary inpatient rehabilitation programmes to patients with acquired brain injury, neurological conditions and complex medical disability.
As a Staff Nurse you will be responsible for acute and complex patients. You will work with a vastly experienced MDT to achieve progress, through agreed set goals. Our Acute Neurological Rehabilitation unit has 46 beds, based over 3 floors in the North Building, with a hydrotherapy pool on the ground floor and our nurse to patient ratio is 1:4.
• Job Type: Permanent, full-time role (37.5 hours per week)
• Shift pattern: Shifts; 8am-8:30pm or 8pm-8:30am (Mon-Sun) - Rotation and flexibility required.
• Salary: £31,630 - £35,822 per annum, plus 9% shift enhancements and a benefits package.
• Benefits: Mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses,
health & wellbeing support system, pension, private medical care and much more.
Please note we will close this role early if a suitable number of applications are received.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Independently assess patient care requirements by monitoring and interpreting patient’s vital signs,
initiating appropriate interventions and referrals and devising appropriate plan of care.
• Evaluate nursing outcomes based on assessment and analysis of nursing interventions.
• Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions.
• Provide patients and families with information regarding care and management of their condition.
• To recognise and take appropriate action in emergency situations as well as deputise for senior staff
nurses in their absence.
• To communicate, work effectively and collaboratively with MDT as well as undertake extended roles
such as IV cannulation and phlebotomy.
Skills & Experience
• Registered Nurse with post graduate experience.
• Experience within Acute Medical, Neurological or neurological rehabilitation.
• An enthusiastic and motivated individual with excellent communication skills and a strong collaborative
• You will be diplomatic and empathetic, with a passion for providing an exceptional patient experience.
About The Individual
HCA Healthcare UK offers ground-breaking innovation, leading the way in complex care. You will be provided with the opportunity to develop your career and we are committed to helping you achieve this by providing appraisals, mentorship and further training / development opportunities
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please send through your details and we would be happy to accommodate an informal visit as part of your application process. We look forward to meeting you!