Clinical Nurse Specialist - Gynaecology
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Internationally renowned for clinical excellence, The Portland Hospital is the only independent hospital in the UK entirely dedicated to women and children. Our inpatient and outpatient specialties reflect this, providing clinical expertise in Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Women`s Health.
The hospital has been consistently growing over the past few years, almost doubling since 2008.
Our Paediatric wards hold 56 inpatient beds + 11 day case and are equipped with the latest technology to provide advanced medical and surgical care, including a Paediatric Intensive Care Unit which reflects the acuity and complex nature of the children who are admitted to our hospital. The Portland Hospital has a large number of international Paediatric patients, often funded by relevant embassies.
The Portland Hospital is the only fully private maternity hospital in the UK. The hospital provides for both consultant-led and midwifery-led deliveries, having an 18 bedded ward to facilitate this. Alongside this there is a 12 bedded Gynaecology and Women’s Health in-patient ward. The Portland Hospital also has a large outpatient department for all areas of its clinical expertise, to facilitate continuous care or simpler procedures.
We currently have a Gynaecology Clinical Nurse Specialist in our Outpatients Department and can’t wait to meet you
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will work as a core member of the multi-disciplinary team using your clinical expertise to exercise higher levels of judgement, discretion and decision making in the pre-assessment and delivery of patient focussed care. You will provide education of patients, relatives and staff within the areas of Gynaecology Nursing and be involved in pre assessment and service development projects as designated by the deputy chief nurse.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday between the hours of 8am – 4pm with occasional
early starts/late finishes).
Salary: £40,000-£50,330 plus benefits.
Benefits: Structured career development, funded courses, 25 days holiday, health and wellbeing
support system, pension, private medical care cover and much more.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work alongside Consultants and provide support at specialised clinics such as endometriosis and menopause.
- To communicate with consultants effectively to ensure the smooth running of the clinics.
- To provide pre-operative support on ward to ensure patient has necessary information and has been appropriately prepared to proceed with surgery.
- To provide in patient post-operative support by carrying out ward rounds in conjunction with the consultant, acting on management plan, arranging follow-up appointments and referral to other services.
- To work in clinical areas alongside staff to develop their understanding of the fundamentals of care for women with Gynaecological disorders.
- To be a point of contact for the patients, general public and other health professions via telephone and e-mail and provide information as necessary.
- Demonstrate an excellent knowledge of women’s health focusing on gynaecology.
- Take responsibility for ensuring nursing procedures reflect evidence-based practice by continuously participating in the review of policies/ procedures/ protocols and guidelines.
- Work closely with the senior team members in the development of new clinical policies and the educational delivery of these as appropriate.
- To be a resource for students and other junior colleagues, and assist in their development.
Skills & Experience
- Registered General Nurse with NMC pin
- Cervical Screening Qualification (Desirable)
- Knowledge of gynaecological related conditions such as endometriosis, menopause, cancers
- Knowledge of Cervical screening and Colposcopy including MDT meetings.
- Teaching and mentorship qualification
- Evidence of Senior Nurse level experience within a Gynaecology setting
- Knowledge of legal requirements for Termination of pregnancy and participate in the care of patients undergoing Termination of Pregnancy providing emotional support to patients and relatives
- Private patient experience (Desirable)
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.