Orthopaedic Clinical Nurse Specialist
HCA Healthcare UK – the world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016.
London Bridge Hospital campus in South East London encompasses an outpatients and diagnostic centre in The Shard, the large world-class hospital based at the Tooley Street site, and a further five outpatient and diagnostic centres across the City, Canary Wharf and Kent.
In May 2017 we welcomed the newest addition to our campus into the top four floors of the new Cancer Centre at Guy’s. With £38.2 million investment and 60,000 square feet, this purpose built facility allows London Bridge Hospital to house its cancer services under one roof. Consultants from London’s top teaching hospitals will offer full surgical provision in urology, gynaecology and breast, as well as reconstructive surgery for these specialties. The new site encompasses inpatient and day case beds and operating theatres including the first integrated robotics theatre in the UK, housing a Da Vinci Robot. There is also a chemotherapy unit, outpatient consulting, Level 3 Critical Care and Imaging including X-Ray, MRI and Ultrasound.
London Bridge Hospital achieved an ‘Outstanding’ accreditation by the healthcare regulators Care Quality Commission in 2017, with them remarking that they saw innovative practice throughout the hospital including new research taking place, and Consultants and staff were highly praised around their levels of motivation and commitment in the provision of providing high quality patient centred care.
As Orthopaedic Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will provide quality patient care throughout the division liaising with the multidisciplinary team within the hospital and appropriate external agencies. You will work towards being able to perform as an autonomous practitioner contributing to the provision of an integrated service for orthopaedic patients including the development and management of new services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support consultants with in and out-patient caseload management.
- Work within the ward environment when required to ensure patients are reviewed. Escalate and refer patients to other specialities as required.
- Communicate with patients on all aspects of their care, management, transfer and timely discharge and ensure full and complete records are maintained
- Offer a telephone advice to patients and carers following discharge after surgery.
- Ensure that pre-operative patients are assessed and in optimal health for surgery.
- Provide advice and guidance to other members of the multi-disciplinary team on patient management and pathways to optimise the patient experience.
- Participate in research relevant to role and ensure knowledge of clinical practice is current and evidenced based.
Skills & Experience
• Relevant post registration experience, at Band 6 or above, in Orthopaedics
• Experience in conducting reflective practice and participates in clinical supervision facilitated by a level 3 / 4 practitioner
• Experience of multi-professional working skills
Desirable but not essential
• Previous experience of working as an Orthopaedic clinical nurse specialist
• Experience of audit and research
About The Individual