Clinical Nurse Specialist - Gynaecology
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
The Wellington Hospital has over four decades of expertise; providing the highest level of care for patients who are looking for the best treatment in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care, orthopaedics, acute neurological rehabilitation, gynaecology and cancer care.
In our 50-bed Acute Neurological Rehabilitation Unit we care for patients with a wide range of complex neurological conditions. And we're supported by the UK’s largest private intensive care unit. We also offer the latest cancer and robotic surgery treatments, including electrochemotherapy, HIPEC and the da Vinci Robot. Having the largest neurosciences unit in London means we're able to carry out advanced spinal surgery, intracranial and peripheral nerve surgery as well as pioneering neurosurgery.
We have a Fantastic Opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Specialist-Gynaecology to join our Team @ The Wellington Hospital based in St. James Wood
As a Clinical Nurse Specialist, you will work as a core member of the multi-disciplinary team using your clinical expertise to exercise higher levels of judgement, discretion and decision making in the pre-assessment and delivery of patient focussed care. You will provide education of patients, relatives and staff within the areas of Gynaecology Nursing and be involved in pre assessment and service development projects as designated by the deputy chief nurse.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday between the hours of 8am – 4pm with occasional
early starts/late finishes).
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience plus HCA benefits package.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Please note we will close this role early if suitable number of applications are received
Duties & Responsibilities
• To implement and evaluate clinical care of Gynaecology patients, providing expert clinical advice to utilise evidence based practice and benchmarked standards to improve quality and delivery of patient care.
• Assess, plan and evaluate the care of patients from clinic, referral, and inpatient stay to discharge.
• Work closely with the Gynaecology Consultants and members of the multidisciplinary team to enhance
the patient’s journey and experience.
• To follow cancer patients through the treatment pathway working closely with the Cancer CNS.
• Facilitate the development of individual staff and nursing teams through the use of specialist education and training.
• Assist in clinical and corporate audits as well as local Projects whilst seeking avenues for improving and enhancing services – e.g. Gynae service development.
Skills & Experience
• NMC Registered Nurse.
• Experience at a similar level with extensive Gynaecology experience.
• Post basic qualification in clinical specialty related to practice area.
• Recognised teaching qualification or evidence of Masters level learning would be advantageous.
• Confident decision maker, with a focus on improvement and development.
• Excellent communication with effective management, problem solving and decision making skills.
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.