Clinical Policy and Education Manager
Job Title: Clinical Policy and Education Manager
Salary: Competitive salary plus benefits
Location: London, SW1H
At the Healthcare Management Trust we are committed to delivering the highest quality healthcare and understand that our well-trained, passionate team of employees lie at the heart of delivering the service our patients and residents expect.
Our team of employees share our vision to provide world class healthcare, and we continuously improve the skills within our workforce to ensure we maintain our position within the healthcare sector. We know our team have a wealth of knowledge and experience, and by working together we develop an exciting and innovative workplace.
- To support the management of an organisational framework for clinical quality.
- To provide a highly visible, accessible and authoritative presence for which staff can turn to for assistance and professional advice and support.
- To develop and manage a clinical policy framework for HMT.
- To co-ordinate the development, dissemination, integration and implementation of specific clinical policies and procedures.
- To advise Quality Group members on clinical evidence bases, including metrics and benchmarking data.
Leadership and Management
- Provide effective leadership and supervision for all clinical services.
- To contribute to the organisation’s strategic development.
- To encourage and support professional development of clinical staff.
- To work with the Medical Director and other stakeholders to set strategic directions in the areas of Clinical Risk and Governance.
- To organise the monthly Quality Group meetings, including preparation and distribution of relevant papers.
Clinical Policy Management
- To revise and keep up to date the HMT clinical policy framework.
- To advise on clinical policy updates, particularly when driven by new national guidance.
- To support the Medical Director in preparation of relevant reports for Board and Leadership meetings.
- Benchmarking against other organisations/patient outcomes utilising information available from NHS/independent providers.
- To ensure that HMT Hospitals and Care Homes are providing excellent care based on national standards and guidelines.
- To advise the QIMs on clinical audit requirements and methods.
- To advise and implement educational needs of pre-registration nursing students.
- To oversee implementation of nursing degree apprenticeship roles within HMT.
- To explore and advise on implementation of the Nursing Associate role within HMT.
- To support undergraduate nursing programmes at HMT Hospitals and Care Homes.
- To create and oversee an appropriate induction programme for clinical staff.
- To advise on mandatory training requirements for clinical staff, in particular in assisting nursing staff prepare for revalidation.
- To advise site managers on learning needs analysis of clinical staff on an annual basis.
BENEFITS: 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, contributory pension, private medical insurance.
We regularly review our employee benefits package, which includes our group personal pension plan and private medical cover.
We encourage our employees to have a positive work-life balance and to consider HMT ‘a great place to work’.
Person Specification – Essential
- Educated to Masters Degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Registered Nurse
- Teaching/mentor qualification
- NHS and Independent Sector experience
- Experience of producing documents / reports
- Experience as a Lead for implementation and management of Clinical Policy and Training Programmes
- Significant Experience in management of staff development and training
- Experience of Clinical Governance
- Knowledge of Information Governance, including the GDPR
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Systematic, logical, thorough and precise
- Able to manage multiple tasks and work to deadlines
- Able to autonomously prioritise and plan workload to meet deadlines
- Good time management skills
- Willingness to assist colleagues
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail
- Positive and flexible approach to work