Senior Staff Nurse- Orthopaedics
Bupa Cromwell Hospital
We're an internationally recognised hospital located in the heart of Kensington, London. At the Cromwell Hospital we're committed to providing the highest quality healthcare for our patients. We're one of the preferred health care providers for leading consultants and for both international and local patients alike. We are continuously investing in standards and the technology to keep us at the forefront of clinical advancement.
You'll work as part of a close knit team providing excellent patient focussed care within the Orthopaedics Team. You'll be a caring and compassionate nurse, delivering a high standard of care to our patients. We value all of our people and will provide you support and a great place to work.
What you'll be doing
- Be Competent to undertake the role
- Confidently and safely Communicate patients care needs
- Have the Courage to speak up and Commitment to your chosen speciality.
- Manage a team of nurses by organising the patient allocation
- Provide consistent, clear, clinical and professional leadership and act as a mentor for all staff demonstrating professional awareness and accountability.
- Recognise the needs for DOL's assessments, mental capacity assessment and 'simple' and 'complex' safeguarding referrals. Take part in the referral and review process.
- Assist the Sister/Charge Nurse with operational requirements in the delivery of a consistent, safe service in all aspects of the patient journey whilst instilling a culture of customer service throughout the nursing team.
- Participate in the direct nursing care of patients as a clinical leader and expert.
- Act as a Link Nurse in a designated area reporting to and from meetings / training updates.
- Liaise with the Support Services to ensure all non-clinical needs are met including the cultural, sexual, religious, and any other special needs of the patients.
Who we're looking for?
- 1st Level Nurse RN.
- Must have a current ILS certificate or be prepared to undertake the course within the first 3 months.
- Appropriate experience in a Staff Nurse role in an OPD setting.
- Experience of broad range of specialities and the support they require.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Experience in the development of policies and protocols to support best practice.
- Experience in handling complaints and incidents.
- Experience in risk assessment.
- Knowledge of NMC Codes and guidelines and their implications for practice.
- Appropriate knowledge of NMC revalidation process.
- Knowledge of the Care Quality Commission inspections.
What's it like to work here?
We want people to 'love working here', so much so that's it's at the top of our agenda and something you'll hear a lot about here at Bupa. We offer our people a great range of benefits, many of which are flexible and can be tailored to suit what's most important to you. We're a healthcare company so there's a huge focus on our people's health and wellbeing, supported by a healthy work-life balance and workplaces which are friendly, appealing spaces to support you to be at your best.
- Strong national clinical network and clinical engagement
- Within our Oncology department, all Clinical staff trained in the Gold standard framework
- www.ourbupa.co.uk - website for our clinicians that supports learning, promotes CPD and creates an online clinical community
- CPD calendar and webinars
- Bupa Lecture Series: clinical lectures with external speakers held at academic institutions
- BMJ and Open Athens journal access
- Clinical Leadership development programmes
- Florence Nightingale Foundation scholarships
- Bupa Global Nurse scholarship, inc £10,000 to spend on your own CPD
- NMC fees paid after 12 months service
- Practical support with the revalidation process
- Career opportunities to move into other roles or other parts of Bupa
- Bupa Health insurance
- 25 days holiday each year (pro rata for part time employees), increasing to 27 days after 5 years service
We're an inclusive organisation that celebrates diversity and welcomes everyone - all talents and backgrounds. Bupa strives to make sure that every applicant is assessed solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
For more information about this position, please contact Penny on email@example.com