Matron - Surgical Wards
1 day left
- Job Type
HCA Healthcare UK – The World’s largest private healthcare group; providing award winning primary, acute and complex care.
Situated in the heart of London's world-renowned medical district, The Princess Grace Hospital is recognised as one of the best-equipped multidisciplinary private hospitals in the capital. Our dedicated and highly trained team is committed to delivering an exemplary standard of clinical care across all specialties.
The Princess Grace Hospital has 127 registered beds, including 90 inpatient, 21 day case, 8 endoscopy, an urgent care unit and a Level 3 intensive care unit containing 9 beds, with 24-hour consultant cover and a high dependency unit. The hospital also has a several specialised centres, including; The London Breast Institute, recognised as one of the best private breast screening and diagnostic treatment centres in the UK; the London Digestive Centre, a highly specialised outpatient facility offering diagnoses and treatments for all conditions of the stomach, small and large intestines, liver, pancreas, and bile ducts; and The Institute of Sport Exercise and Health, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to sport and exercise medicine.
As Matron for the Princess Grace Hospitals Surgical Wards, you will oversee our Day surgery; Orthopaedics, Spinal and General Surgery wards. With 6 direct reports you will provide nursing leadership and direction for all nursing staff across the service and act as a point of contact for advice and expertise on all matters relating to professional nursing issues. Your clinical leadership will inspire, motivate and empower nurses within the service to provide the world class care we pride ourselves on. You will be responsible for effectively managing the financial resources, ensuring the optimal deployment of the nursing workforce; whilst contributing to corporate initiatives and plans, particularly in respect of changes in patient care, delivery and quality.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is between £53,942 - £59,336 (include Shift enhancement) and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Reward & recognition – We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review, 247.5hrs holiday each year; with the option to buy and sell. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operational Management - Ensure smooth day to day operation of departments and achievement of service targets, including daily bed management, rota’s and workforce planning
- People Management - Provide effective line management to 6 direct reports within the service and act as a role model for all nurses, manage HR issues at a local level and oversee all training and development of staff
- Service management - Recognise clinical issues/problems and take early action as appropriate, be responsible for clinical excellence within the service and
- Service development – identify, develop and implement positive changes to develop the service and ensure that complaints and incidents are investigated in a timely manner and resolved, lessons learnt, fed back to staff, and remedial action implemented.
- Strategic development - Be aware of hospital financial position and target objectives, provide effective input into operational and strategic issues and develop and implement new strategies.
Skills & Experience
- RGN with live NMC registration
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing or equivalent registered experience
- Extensive experience in relevant clinical area and at a senior level
- Equivalent clinical module in the relevant area
- Mentorship module or equivalent experience
About The Individual
At HCA UK we recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the HCA UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team, working together to achieve tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate a lead by example attitude to inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
If you wish to find out more about this opportunity, please apply for this role and a member of the team will be in contact shortly.