Clinical Site Manager
HCA Healthcare UK – The world’s largest private acute and complex care hospital group and winners of 'The Best Private Healthcare provider 2016' and 'Best International Cancer Services' provider 2016
The Lister Hospital campus in South-West London has been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission in 2017, which highlights the exceptional care and highest quality of nursing and clinical care provided by our staff at the hospital.
The campus encompasses one of the most famous landmarks in Chelsea, The Lister Hospital located next to Chelsea Bridge; Chelsea Outpatients Centre, a modern and contemporary private diagnostic and treatment facility on the famous Chelsea Kings Road and our private outpatient physiotherapy service and independent private general practice at Chelsea Medical Centre.
In May 2017, the campus expanded to include a brand new purpose-built outpatient centre HCA Sydney Street, Chelsea.
Our 57 bedded inpatient service provides a comprehensive range of orthopaedics, acute surgical and medicine treatments to our patients. We specialise in caring for patients who have undergone complex and varied surgery in orthopaedics, gynaecology, dermatology, urology, colorectal, gastroenterology, ophthalmology and reconstructive surgery
As Clinical Site Manager you will provide senior nursing support and advice, ensuring the smooth running of the hospital. You will work closely with all clinical and managerial staff to assist in resolving clinical concerns and respond to emergency situations and will provide clinical leadership and support to clinical colleagues, ensuring high standards of patient care are maintained across the whole site 24 hours a day
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide a single point of senior team contact for the management & escalation of all unexpected and untoward events that may occur 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.
- To provide clinical leadership and effective clinical advice to nurses, particularly in the absence of senior ward staff
- To respond to alarms and call outs as required, this may involve liaising with additional on call teams or external providers
- To promote adherence to policies and protocols
- Working collaboratively with the Reservations Department, ensure effective and efficient allocation of beds for patients who are due to be admitted
- Identify periods where beds may become over utilized and advise reservations and senior management accordingly
- Facilitate unplanned admissions ensuring all appropriate processes are followed.
- Identify periods where patient numbers maybe be low, causing areas to be unproductive and take appropriate actions such as the redeployment of staff
- Update software systems used to track staff rosters and productivity
- Attend the resuscitation ‘huddles’ that occur twice daily within the ICU and be a participant of the resuscitation team.
- To visit patients who may wish to provide feedback
- Act as the fire controller in the event of a fire alarm activation
- Act as a point of contact for all unexpected hospital events
- Escalate concern or occurrences to the senior management team or executive on call out of hours
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Additional post registration qualification desirable, including management training
- Significant nursing experience, preferably within acute clinical settings
- Experience within a leadership role
- Evidence of post-registration and ongoing professional development
About The Individual